Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As we expand our Atlassian footprint in India in mid-2022, we are able to recruit eligible candidates for this role who are located in Karnataka, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Delhi NCR and Maharashtra. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team.
Atlassian Creates software that empowers everyone from small start-ups to large enterprises. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned – collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world. Our products are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft the magic that delivers their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting those born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity.
We’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We have an opportunity for an Engineering Manager to lead and grow a team of high performing engineers for the SWAT Site Import team in the Migrations space.
Where you’ll make an impact
You will apply your customer focussed approach in a collaborative manner no matter the task, solving migration problems whether they touch the customer or simply compliment the work of your team. You will also be required to deeply understand opportunities for improvements to the migration experience and reliability, and apply a pragmatic approach to driving those improvements. You will be influential within your team and work with peers and senior leaders to build the most reliable migration path for our customers on their journey to the cloud. You will have an opportunity to contribute directly to the company’s most important goal – Shift To Cloud.
You will be responsible for building an effective team, empowering them to achieve their goals and deliver value to our customers (both internal & external) and Atlassian.
Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you, mentoring, coaching and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenge them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
You will work closely with product management to influence the direction of our new migration capabilities and plan the steps to get there. You will collaborate with engineers to ensure they build reliable and scalable capabilities & strive for technical & operational excellence while balancing the needs of our customers and the business. You will be collaborating with teams across various regions including APAC, US and EMEA.
More about you
- 10+ years in software development, with a proven track record of strong customer focus.
- 2+ years’ experience in a people management role, hiring, motivating, growing, empowering and performance managing.
- A dedication for building high-performing teams, putting others before yourself, and delighting in your team members’ successes.
- A passion for solving complex business problems, and the proven ability to share that passion with your team.
- A strong collaborative mindset; to work closely with your peers in Product Management, Design, other Development Leads, Quality Engineering, etc – to bring diverse viewpoints and goals together.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills; to effectively prioritise work, set expectations with partners, communicate progress, negotiate dependencies, and resolve conflicts.
- High quality standards, holding yourself and your team accountable for delivering Enterprise-quality software that delights customers.
- A strong drive for innovation and improvement – always pushing, encouraging and enabling your team to improve their tools, processes and culture; keeping them agile and creative with lightweight processes.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .