Thinkific / Thinktific (201-500 Employees, 294% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Location: Distributed – Canada
We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
As an Engineering Manager, Mobile at Thinkific, your primary focus is leading and supporting your team of internal and external engineers to deliver an enterprise-level mobile app experience based on our Thinkific platform. You won’t be primarily hands-on and writing code—instead, you’ll bring your technical background and desire to understand the technical aspects of the product to help remove any blockers and continue to grow and scale your team. You’ll be an excellent recruiter, a highly skilled communicator, a great issue resolver, and an organizer of your people.
In this role, you will:
- Run the day-to-day operations of your team including conducting ceremonies such as planning, grooming, and retrospective sessions
- Support your team by identifying and removing blockers, while continually looking for ways to improve team efficiency and productivity
- Create a continuous performance culture to establish growth and development of team members by holding regular 1-on-1s, conducting quarterly performance & development reviews, setting objectives, and providing valuable feedback to team members
- Identify headcount needs for your team, create a proposal, and work with leadership to obtain approval to fill these needs
- Partner with project leads on the Product Management and Design teams to establish team objectives, product roadmaps, requirements, and technical estimation
- Monitor code delivery and quality, holding the team accountable for upholding engineering principles
- Collaborate with technical leadership to design, review, and implement a production-quality mobile application
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in the mobile space in order to ensure that best practices for quality software development and testing methodologies are followed
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have 3+ years of experience managing engineers and building productive, high-functioning teams, with a strong background in enterprise mobile app development using an Agile process
- Work with a servant-leader mentality—you believe great leaders need to focus on the growth and well-being of their team members to be successful!
- Are an expert in gathering requirements and keeping your team focused on the most important projects and initiatives
- Have experience juggling multiple conflicting priorities and able to make decisions to keep things moving forward
- Love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You can confidently lead performance conversations and provide praise and constructive feedback
- Demonstrate excellent team building, leadership, and 1-on-1 coaching skills
- Possess strong project management, problem solving, and change management skills
- Are a strong verbal and written communicator
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills, or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Are already well-versed in the fundamentals of mobile application design and testing
- Operate best with autonomy, have a keen eye for detail, and believe in quality over quantity
Bonus points if you:
- Previously worked on mobile app development for a SaaS-based startup or growing technology company
- Have experience with native mobile development or hybrid development frameworks, such as Flutter, Xamarin, and React Native
- Have a strong network of A-players to support our recruiting efforts
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us: