OpenPhone (11-50 Employees, 443% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we’ve taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s?
OpenPhone is changing that. We’re the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning 20,000 happy customers and 52M in funding in just four years, it’s safe to say we’re onto something big.
Our team is curious, ambitious, and dedicated to their crafts. We’re high trust with a strong bias for action. If you’re looking for a place to do your life’s work, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll play a key role in building the OpenPhone technical experience. We’re looking for an Engineering Leader who is passionate about people growth and organizational development. You’ll help build the products and practices that will support OpenPhone’s growth over the years to come. You’ll reimagine our platform and build highly leveraged products that enable OpenPhone to support the best customers in the world. If you see how incredible people and organizational development products can transform a business, OpenPhone is the place for you.
Here are some things you’ll do:
- Lead and grow engineering teams committed to building the innovative products that make OpenPhone the best place in the world to work.
- Work effectively cross-functionally to drive change and influence product and process decisions.
- Help to shape thinking around designing scalable products and business processes/programs to support OpenPhone’s rapid growth.
- Be both a deep technical leader and a thoughtful people manager.
- Champion engineering excellence, establishing business metrics, and drive continuous operational improvement.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- 3+ years of experience growing and managing multi-team organizations.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in core programming languages such as C++, PHP, Java.
- Experience with React.
- Proven track record of creating and managing high performing teams.
- Interest in people and organizations.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving and analytical skills.
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We’re looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don’t 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We’re serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We’re a distributed team working from San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Phoenix, and Sydney.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.