LogDNA (51-200 Employees, 158% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Manager for our test engineering team to help us deliver our evolving, world-class log management system. You will help shape and nurture the test team that is responsible for testing our functionality relating to the internal data pipeline, dashboards, integrations, agents, as well as specifically organization/account management, billing and data management. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, holds themselves and others accountable and maintains the highest standards. They will put the customer first and be comfortable with the velocity of a fast-paced startup, and not be afraid to tackle the scaling challenges of petabyte per day big data customer data. Above all, the candidate will have a team-oriented attitude, a desire to see team members succeed and grow, and the ability to set up processes to execute quickly.
At LogDNA, you will be involved in envisioning and implementing a fast and modern log management platform that offers the flexibility of an amazing developer experience combined with the trust of enterprise-grade infrastructure. Today, LogDNA is used by over 3,000 teams including customers at IBM, Houseparty, ASICS, and Lime Bike. We are building a future where developers don’t have to dread the tools they use at work, starting with log management.
- Work closely with the software engineering, product management, design, and internal teams to understand the needs of our customers and to ensure quality is a key consideration
- Help establish and evolve formal test processes, ensuring that we are using industry-accepted best practices.
- Work in all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as point of contact for testing aspects of releases, providing testing services and coordinating resources internally and externally.
- Serve as an advisor to other engineers when it comes to software quality.
- Help shape and lead software engineering teams through hiring and growing engineers.
- Grow an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership.
- Cultivate and influence continuous improvement both in your team and across Engineering; identify and seize opportunities to improve the way we estimate, plan, develop, test, ship, and deploy our software and established metrics to measure progress.
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Strong communication skills with the ability to drive and contribute to technical discussions
- Experience developing and communicating a strategy and roadmap for your teams
- Relevant industry experience
- Strong knowledge of software test methodologies, tools and processes
- Solid understanding of testing as part of a CI/CD pipeline
- Obsession for product quality and customer success
- Keen attention to detail, without forgetting about the big picture
- Experience with one or more areas in performance, security, functional, regression, and integration testing
- Experience with testing Groovy and/or Jenkins
- Experience with infrastructure/compliance related tooling (i.e.: InSpec, CINC Auditor, testinfra, serverspec, etc)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Node.js
LogDNA is on a mission to empower people who build solutions that shape the world. We’re doing this by delivering a platform that enables enterprises to get more value from their observability data in real time, regardless of source, destination, use case, or scale. We’re not the only ones working on this problem but we have a few things the others don’t.
- We’re cloud-native and know how to make the most of modern technology like Kubernetes.
- We have scaled a solution from zero to petabyte scale in a short amount of time, while supporting thousands of active users across multiple environments.
- We are hungry for change and are surrounded by enterprises telling us they’re hungry, too.
- We have a kick-ass group of people who are thinking about the problem analytically and are excited to change the observability world for the better.
LogDNA has helped some of the world’s most innovative companies transform how they manage their systems and applications. Still, we know that we can help them get more value from their observability data by providing more flexibility and control over how they use it. This will enable teams to spend less time switching between data silos so they can focus on shipping better, more resilient, and secure products.
We have momentum on our side. Last year we saw triple digit revenue growth and added 800 new customers to our roster. Recent accolades include being named to YC’s Top Companies, CRN’s 10 Hottest DevOps Startups, and EMA’s Top 3 Observability Platforms.
What it’s like to work at LogDNA
At LogDNA, our culture is everything. We have an inclusive, collaborative, and fulfilling work environment so that our teammates can tackle some of technology’s biggest challenges. We hold the prestigious Great Place to Work badge and have won the Fortune Best Small and Medium Workplace award for the last two years in a row. Join us if you:
- Want to solve hard problems.
- Want to enable LogDNA’s customers, partners, and community to be highly productive and successful.
- Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional environments.
- Enjoy jumping in where needed to help the whole company succeed.
- Take your role, but not yourself, seriously. At LogDNA, we know that pride, humility, and kindness are not mutually exclusive.
- Receive competitive compensation.
- Receive competitive benefits, including:
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- 100% dental coverage for you and your family.
- 100% vision coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible time off. Work-life balance is valued here and we encourage you to take the opportunity to recharge.
- One company-wide mental health day off per month in addition to all nationally recognized holidays.
- $600 annual remote work expense reimbursement in addition to hardware setup provided by the company.
This is a full-time remote opportunity. LogDNA is a remote-first company that was born in the San Francisco Bay Area and now has employees in 71 cities in North America and 8 countries worldwide. Learn more about our culture and how we stay connected on our website.