Volta Trucks (201-500 Employees, 1,000%+ 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for our permanent ERPxa0Product Ownerxa0xa0to join our rapidly growing team. This role can be split between our new offices in Reading (~1/2 days per week) and remote working, or full remote.
We’re working to solve some of the most challenging environmental problems in city centre, last-mile logistics, which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from your very first day.
We want to revolutionise city centre logistics in order to make urban environments better places to live and work. We’re creating the world’s safest commercial vehicles by reimagining conventional truck design principles, thanks to our full-electric drivetrain, and thus protecting vulnerable road users. Our electric powertrain also eliminates harmful tailpipe emissions, removing harmful pollutants that contribute to climate change. A crucial part of our journey is building a team of outstanding employees who share our vision for the future and our values of safety and sustainability.
You’ll be joining a world class team, backed by top investors (we gatheredxa0$260 million in Series C in March),xa0that all commit into the future we are creating. We have ambitious growth plans for 2022 and beyond, scaling our team and activity at an exciting pace. We are a people-led company focused around creating an exceptional business, and all employees have a high level of autonomy and a platform to make a real impact.xa0
The role reports to thexa0Information Systems and Programme Management Director and is going to have a team of 4 in the coming year.
As an Enterprise Architect you will work at a strategic level to create a vision, models and principles supporting the ‘progression ecosystem’ business goal across the five EA domains (Business, Data, Technology, Applications, Security).
- To contribute to the implementation of the technology strategy from an Enterprise Architecture perspective.
- To support the creation and maintenance of the Technology Enterprise Architecture vision ensuring it encompasses Technology applications, SOA services and technology, in support of the Target Operating Model (TOM) and programmes of change.
- To refine the implementation of the Technology Enterprise Architecture vision through the definition of Architecture scenarios and road maps.
- To support the strategic intent of a ‘progression ecosystem’ through dynamic and evolving flexible architecture platforms, in an agile and emergent way.
- To contribute to the definition and maintenance of an enterprise-wide Architecture model and champion its use for Technology Solution Architecture and design activities, stakeholder communication, change impact analysis, change management and transformational planning.
- Significant experience in IT, with experience in an Architecture role
- Someone driving change and innovation within the team and company wide
- Great communication skills, and the ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of current IT technologies including Cloud, SaaS, CRM, ESB
- Experience of Agile development and delivery methods
- Ability to adapt to emergent architectural needs, managing expectations
- A high degree of personal initiative with the drive and ability to meet challenging goals.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is characterised by significant diversity and constant change.
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders without direct authority
- Thinks and acts in a non traditional way.
- Closely shares our values of safety, sustainability and electrification.
- Is action-orientated, proactive and works at pace.
- Is transparent, progressive & entrepreneurial.
- Is adaptable, resilient and open to change.
- We are a small, fast-growing team so you will have a high degree of ownership and accountability, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- We are a start-up, so don’t have a lot of structures and processes. Things change quickly and we acknowledge when we get things wrong and change direction.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension schemexa0
- We are committed to creating a first-class work environment. Every employee has a voice and we encourage open communication.