Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
Reporting to the Enterprise Billing Director, you will be responsible for managing the end-to-end Enterprise Billing operations as well as assisting the Enterprise Billing Director and cross functional teams to support Enterprise customers on the billing and collection matters. Our Enterprise clients consist of mid-size clients to Fortune 100 companies.
- Oversee the day-to-day enterprise operations of the Billing Team ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Address escalations of exceptions and discrepancies identified by Billing Specialists
- Team up with Collections manager to identify accounts that need configuring or attention due to non payment.
- Collaborate with the Collections Manager so teams are providing the best client service and communicating effectively
- Review credit requests, customer refunds, and adjustments prepared by Billing Specialists (credit memos/voids)
- Manage relationships with Client Support staff, including answering questions and collaborating on various areas of the business
- Read contracts and familiarize yourself with all the terms and conditions so that activity is billed and paid per the contract so revenue can be recognized per US GAAP guidelines
- Manage a distributed team who are located in a different time zones
- Implement change management practices around process changes and project implementations so team has documentation resources
- Build accountability tools for cross functional teams that impact billing
- Drive adherence to policies and procedures though metrics
What it Takes to Catch our Eye:
- Must-have knowledge and experience in revenue recognition and billing
- Experience supervising a remote team
- Past experience as a stakeholder on cross functional project
- 5+ years of experience; supervisory experience a plus
- Oracle, BRM, Microsoft Office (specially advanced Excel), Google Workspace experiences
- Excellent written and oral communication, and the adeptness to influence and communicate effectively
- An analytical mindset and the ability to break down complicated problems, dive into data and derive actionable insights
- Driven attitude with a bias towards action and hungry to learn and grow
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to show predictability and operational excellence both internally and externally
- Acts with integrity throughout complex situations even if under pressure
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also hire full-time employees in 19 states in the United States.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.