Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We have an office in Bengaluru but as we continue to expand our footprint in India, we can hire eligible candidates remotely anywhere in India.
If you are passionate about working with smart teams and passionate about providing high-quality service to the world’s largest customers this role could be perfect for you! We are looking for customer champions who drive alignment and impact across product and operations teams. You are focused on improving broader customer experience and having a visible global impact on processes, products, and teams.
In this role you will:
- Be part of the global technical escalation management to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Use professional written and verbal communications to a customer base to resolve application issues
- Resolve customer issues involving code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Creation and curation of knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- Perform case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers
- Evaluate active tickets, prioritizing workload, strategic projects, and monitoring queue health
- Build internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help communicate the needs and urgency of our customers
- Advocate for our customers, influence product direction through customer feedback
- Developing your team in becoming highly skilled support engineers with subject matter expertise in all types of technologies across the Atlassian stack
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Work collaboratively with diverse global teams and drives inclusive work environments in accordance with Atlassian values.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- 8+ experience with technical support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community.
- Experience in working with Enterprise customers.
- Strong database skills, with the expertise to write and update SQL queries with ease
- Deep understanding of SSO, SAML, LDAP, Active Directory, SSL, etc
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with APIs and REST calls
- Experience understand and supporting Java apps, especially the JVM components.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies, Jira and Confluence will be an added advantage.
- Have an understanding of Network terminologies MIB, SNMP, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, OSI, NAT, DHCP, DNS, Routing Protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF).
- Proven ability to deescalate difficult situations with customers, while multi-tasking between tickets and mentoring your team
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor other support engineers to grow their technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, possessing the ability to support customers over email, phone or screen-shares
- Ability to successfully manage your time, balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency
- Able to effectively communicate as the internal specialist with customers at an executive level on in-depth technical details, progress, and next steps.
More about our team:
The team is filled with customer-focused individuals that champion and support industry-leading products used by a growing list of 100+K customers globally. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product, as well as our customer’s overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with customers, problem-solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We wake up every morning asking ourselves how we can improve the customer’s experience, the quality of our product, the quality of our support system, or our individual weaknesses. We are not scared of challenges, nor do we back down or get deterred by tough problems. We are at our best when problems seem the hardest, pushing to identify root causes and solutions. We are a combination of passion and persistence. We feel that through our roles we can positively impact millions of end-users and their experience with Atlassian products. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and all about providing legendary service to our customers.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .