Riverbed transforms data into actionable insights and accelerates performance so organizations can deliver a seamless digital experience and drive enterprise performance. Riverbed is the only company with the collective richness of telemetry from network to app to end user, that illuminates and then accelerates every digital interaction. Riverbed offers two industry-leading portfolios: Alluvio by Riverbed, a differentiated Unified Observability portfolio that unifies data, insights, and actions across IT, so customers can deliver seamless, secure digital experiences; and Riverbed Acceleration, providing fast, agile, secure acceleration of any app, over any network, to users anywhere.
Together with our thousands of partners, and market-leading customers globally – including 95% of the FORTUNE 100 –, we empower every click, every digital experience.
About this Position
Title: Enterprise Sales Executive, SLED
Location: Remote/Home Office – Southeast US
Riverbed is expanding the Public Sector SLED Team and is seeking a Sales Executive to sell to our State and Local Government and Education vertical across the Southeast Territory.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Penetrate, manage, and sell into a robust assigned territory. Establish and maintain long-term client relationships; qualifying new business in addition to participating in retention, cross sell, and up sell opportunities.
- Lead a complex sales cycle; orchestrating, leveraging and collaborating with additional resources – i.e. partners, inside sales, Solutions (Presales) Engineers, Sales Management, and Executive leadership – when needed.
- Prepare accurate forecast, document daily activities in salesforce, and perform other task necessary to drive sales revenue and communicate activities to sales management.
- Work autonomously to meet and exceed assigned revenue targets & goals
- Sell deeper and wider into assigned accounts. Identifying requirements from other departments within an assigned account and then configuring an appropriate offering from our portfolio to meet those needs.
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor – identifying, penetrating, and securing potential targets through a relationship-based approach.
- 5+ years Enterprise Sales experience, with a proven track record selling in the SLED vertical within the assigned vertical
- Exceptional track record selling high-end software solutions, preferably in one or more of the following disciplines: Application Architectures & Performance Management, Business Analytics Tools, SaaS, IaaS, Hybrid Cloud, Cloud Storage, Subscription Model, Virtualization, and Infrastructure Management.
- Previous success with complex sales involving multiple decision makers and sales cycles of 3 to 12 months
- Strong experience of selling to C-Suite (or one level below) with a good understanding of technology
- Individual must possess good communication skills and ability to interact with all levels or organizations
- Good working knowledge of Partner ecosystem and experience establishing and fostering strong Partner relationships.
- Existing relationships within the assigned client base is preferred.
- Tenacity, wit and energy to get in front of prime targets and build relationships with new and existing Riverbed clients
Why Join Riverbed
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry, delivering exceptional network performance and visibility for any application. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
As a government contractor, Riverbed is required to ensure that all of its U.S. employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless a legal exemption applies. As a result, all Riverbed job offers are expressly conditioned on an individual being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or prior to their start date and providing proof of such vaccination unless the individual is legally exempt.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table.
Check us out on:
US-NC-Home Office US-SC-Home Office US-FL-Home Office US-TN-Home Office