GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can’t do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We’re changing the face of I.T. – from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we’re excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
GovCIO is seeking a transformational results-driven Executive Assistant to serve as a trusted advisor to Veterans Affairs (VA) Veterans Experience Technology Platform Services (VETPS) contract under Office of Information Technology (OI&T) leaders and key stakeholders with a focus on business outcomes. VETPS covers various IT and health IT support services including program planning, software engineering, enterprise network support, cybersecurity assistance and maintenance support. The Executive Assistant will provide high-level support requiring broad and comprehensive experience interacting with senior leadership, including skill and knowledge of corporate and federal communications, and VA organization policies.
- Manage and organize the correspondence and online calendar for the Portfolio Director using Microsoft Outlook, Teams, and associated tools; accept/decline meeting invitations and resolve scheduling conflicts
- Schedule meetings on behalf of the Portfolio Director and Deputy by coordinating with meeting stakeholders and identifying meeting times that all participants can attend.
- Prepare meeting agendas and materials, facilitate meetings, capture meeting outcomes, and track action items to completion
- Organize, summarize, and prioritize the day to-day schedule for the Portfolio Director – recommend which meetings they need to attend or can skip
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking priority tasks and actions assigned to the Portfolio Director, including a method to communicate to him throughout the workday to keep them on task and on schedule
- Attend meetings on the Portfolio Director’s behalf and report back on outcomes and objectives
- Documenting meeting notes, correspondence, action items, spreadsheets and other reports as needed.
- Arrange and coordinate online and in-person meetings and conferences.
- Perform quality reviews on work products and communication items that the Portfolio Director creates or needs to approve.
- Monitor, organize and prioritize Portfolio Director’s email inbox to streamline correspondence.
- Assist with miscellaneous complex administrative tasks email distribution lists, time, and expense reports.
- Coordinate travel needs – Schedule hotel, flight, car rentals and prepares itineraries and estimated expenses reports. Assists with gathering travel related documentation and ensures the travel needs are met within the constraints of government travel budget.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required
- 5 years of related experience in communications, planning and leadership support
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Ability to obtain VA clearance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent skills working in MS Word and MS Excel, building PowerPoint decks, and proficiency with Adobe Acrobat, MS Teams, SharePoint, and Visio
- Meticulous organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently in an extremely demanding environment
- Experienced with Agile, DevSecOps, Scrum and PMBOK best practices a plus.
- Critical and analytical thinking abilities with great attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with JIRA, GitHub, and Confluence a plus
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with other teams and external stakeholders
- Be flexible to change in direction at a moment’s notice while also tracking/executing tasks in progress
- Ability to think “outside of the box” while communicating or dealing with a variety of situations
- Possess a clear understanding of the activities, roles, and responsibilities on large-scale IT projects.
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience preferred