500 Global (501+ Employees, 225% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We uplift people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship.
Who We Are
500 Global is a venture capital firm that invests early in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth. We work closely with key stakeholders and advise governments and corporations on how best to support entrepreneurial ecosystems so startups can thrive.
500 Global has backed over 6,000 founders representing more than 2,500 companies operating in 77 countries. Our portfolio includes 41 companies valued at over $1 billion and 125 companies valued at over $100 million. Our 140+ plus team members are located in more than 15 countries and bring experience as entrepreneurs, investors, and operators from some of the world’s leading technology companies.
Department: Executive Operations
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Alysia Lopez, EA
Direct Reports: None
Exemption Status: Exempt
As Executive Assistant/Office Coordinator you will oversee the general activities of the 500 Global Palo Alto office as well as serve as an Executive Assistant to our executives as a part of our Global Executive Operations team.
The Executive Assistant/Office Coordinator should be able to commute to our office in Palo Alto, CA at least 3 times a week
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for teammates, visitors, candidates, and anyone who interacts with the company within the office and virtually.
- Own and manage the daily office operations for our Palo Alto office as well as for remote teammates (to include mailing and receiving packages, ordering supplies and equipment for teammates, working with vendors, and facilities management).
- Provide executive assistance to our CEO and other executives. Responsibilities include calendar management, global travel, research, documentation, data entry, transcription and other ad hoc tasks.
- Plan and coordinate events and off-sites, inclusive of managing logistics and budget requirements.
- Create and execute a calendar of employee appreciation events (e.g. small wins/birthdays/anniversaries, happy hours, company-wide gatherings, random moments of surprise & delight, etc.)
- Assist with presentations, talks and media communications as requested
- Other duties as needed.
- 3 or more years of administrative support, office support and/or executive administration
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Google Apps, particularly Google Calendar, and Google Docs, Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Expensify, WhatsApp and others as needed
- Proficiency in PC and Mac
15% Domestic and Global
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. You should also note that the Company may modify job title, pay rate, work location and benefits at its discretion from time to time as it deems necessary.
- Remote work environment
- Unlimited PTO, plus Holidays
- Eligibility to participate in Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Eligibility to participate in the 401(k) Plan
- The opportunity to work with phenomenal people around the world!