VALR (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
VALR Company Information
VALR has built South Africa’s leading cryptocurrency platform serving over 280,000 customers. We are proud to offer a suite of products that are helping increase economic freedom and build a financial system that recognizes the oneness of humankind.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at VALR, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture where we:
- Default to a high degree of autonomy and ownership combined with positive energy and truth-seeking
- Embrace feedback
- Disrupt ourselves
- Expect sustained high performance
Second, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone, which we’re working to achieve with our suite of products that serve South Africans and eventually customers globally.
With the above in mind and our goals of disrupting the financial system and serving humanity, we require unique, dedicated and incredibly talented people to join the VALR family.
VALR is seeking an experienced and dedicated Executive Assistant to support our CEO and other executives. In this role you will need an international mindset, be a polished communicator and have strong organizational skills.
The ideal candidate should also be committed to this role, highly professional, with a strong work ethic and an instinctively proactive approach. This role will require a very high level of focus and concentration to be applied to ensure accuracy and attention to detail with minimal supervision. The candidate must be able to work in a fast, efficient, and organised manner to cope with multiple tasks and often competing demands.
What would you be doing?
- Proactively managing correspondence of our CEO (and potentially other executives) such as email and phone calls
- Managing the CEO’s calendar with an analytical mindset around time management
- Booking domestic and international travel arrangements, including visas, accommodation and other logistics when necessary
- Effectively communicating and coordinating with internal cross-functional teams as a representative of the CEO
- Effectively communicating and coordinating with external partners and stakeholders as a representative of VALR e.g. Regulatory Bodies, Board members, Banks, Insurance firms and external Legal firms
- Attending meetings as requested, taking notes, and tracking/following up on action items
- Assisting in planning and executing internal workshops, offsites, and other events
- Willing to assist the CEO and other executives in any activity related to ensuring VALR’s success
- Ability to travel when needed
What we look for in you
- Proactive approach to work
- Friendly but professional approach, with the distinct ability to build interpersonal rapport and trust quickly to contribute to a highly collaborative team environment
- Highly discreet, with a strong understanding and respect for confidentiality
- Positive work ethic with a no-fuss, can-do approach to ensure work gets done quickly and efficiently
- Ability to remain calm and measured at all times, especially when under pressure and working to tight deadlines
- Inclination for strategic thinking and problem solving
- Polished communicator, both written and oral
- Excellent organization, time-management and prioritization skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time
- Flexible and accommodating approach to the job; willing to respond to requests out of office hours as required
- Extremely detail-focused
- Strong IT skills – in particular, proficiency in Google Suite and Slack
- Supported multiple executives and ideally at C-level
Nice to haves
- Experience working across multiple time zones
- Experience working remotely in an early stage startup environment
- A natural inclination to help people
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to operate independently in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Strong sense of ownership
- Driven by a passion to learn constantly
- Critical thinker not afraid to make quick decisions and follow through
- Ability to move quickly and adapt to a changing environment
What you can expect from VALR
- Competitive salary: Get paid well to work in an exciting industry
- Leave: Flexible leave policy with 3 weeks minimum
- Remote work: Work from wherever you like
- Home office setup: Mac laptop and a discretionary allowance to buy all the extras needed to work happily from home – all of it yours to keep after 3 years
- Learning fund: R10,000 per employee per year for anything that helps you upskill for work, in addition to scheduled VALR training
- Performance bonus: When you contribute to VALR’s success, you’ll be rewarded with lucrative bonuses
- 3 months maternity and 1-month paternity paid leave
- Regular get-togethers outside of work (COVID permitting)
- Annual company retreats (COVID permitting)