At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
About the role:
We are looking for a problem solver who can take on and oversee the end to end employee expense operations, including processing of all of our expenses while identifying and improving our processes and systems. You will be the main point of contact for all employees questions regarding expenses and reimbursement policies.
Given the fast-paced nature of our business, we need a self-starting problem-solver who can work collaboratively and autonomously and roll up their sleeves when necessary to get the job done. Priorities and responsibilities for the role may shift given the fluidness of the business and how quickly we are growing across the globe.
- Manage global company expense policy; identify and make changes to policy when necessary
- Review, approve and mark expenses as reimbursed in the expense systems
- Set-up and maintain employee data within Expensify and/or other international expense systems (ie; locations, currencies and policies)
- Answer employee inquiries and requests via Expense policies and systems
- Oversee application of tax and other withholding, including VAT
- Assist in management and execution of expense related projects and initiatives
- Partner closely with Payroll and Accounts Payable team to drive Finance wide processes
- Create and implement a company wide travel policy for employees
- Assist with Accounts Payable workload and projects where necessary
- 2+ years years of expense processing experience (500+ employees)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Thorough knowledge of global payroll laws and regulations
- Excellent judgment and communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Flexible and able to organize, prioritize and complete multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and take on challenging new projects
- Computer literate in all MS Office packages including Excel at Intermediate level
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.