Karat (201-500 Employees, 56% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Finance team
Our Finance team is committed to building a scalable foundation by providing in-depth, insightful analyses of all financial drivers that help inform and contribute to the success and growth of Karat. We sit at the center of data and information, and it is our mission to transform these insights into meaningful decisions.
What you will do
As Finance Manager at Karat, you will work in partnership with the organizational leaders to drive operational improvements, build analyses, models, and reports, and provide measurable data to help the business scale.
- Support the annual planning process by preparing financial analysis and modeling; recommend future expense targets and analyze business performance in partnership with cross-functional areas.
- Work closely with key cross-functional teams to analyze business performance and uncover actionable insights that drive improved financial and operating performance.
- Own and drive improvements to our core financial models.
- Develop reporting to inform leadership, board members, and investors.
- Create and present analyses that inform our decision-making.
The experience you will bring
- 5+ years of financial analysis experience (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, modeling, reporting)
- Previous experience supporting full P&L
- Advanced Excel skills with a deep understanding of model architecture, formula efficiency and pivot tables
- Hands-on experience participating in company-wide budgeting processes in a business partner capacity
- Self-starter, with strong ability to work with minimal direction and to set effective project plans
- Highly detail oriented and focus on accuracy; able to translate big-picture analysis while never losing sight of the finer points
This is a full-time, salaried position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat is a remote company with employees throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For this position, we are only considering individuals based in the United States.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].
Karat is an E-Verify company.