We’re looking for open-minded individuals who want to expand the ways technology can help people. We work fast, collaborate, and celebrate as a team. We’re united by a commitment to shaping Tile’s culture around the needs of our colleagues and customers, and by our desire to build a diverse and welcoming workplace.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, the Financial Analyst, FP&A will assist with Tile’s financial planning and strategic analysis, including development of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and month-end close. The successful candidate will partner with the senior leadership to ensure accurate financials, manage operating expense budgets, sales commissions and lead critical aspects of revenue reporting and forecasting. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer who proactively supports financial decision making and provides recommendations in a dynamic environment.
- Own the monthly and quarterly budget vs. actual variance analyses for all contra-revenue items, including but not limited to sales returns, sales discounts and sales allowances for internal review and external reporting.
- Collaborate with Accounting with month-end close process including preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and providing key inputs for the close package ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial results.
- Support annual budget processes and maintain ongoing rolling forecasts, update corporate models to ensure tracking of business drivers.
- Drive ad hoc projects to support business decisions around key sales initiatives including customer performance trends, and pricing initiatives.
- Ensure the accuracy of commission calculations and payments while supporting audit controls, reconcile and review revenue results to load commission data and manage the administration of the Global Commission Program including accruals.
- Actively manage groups expenses by providing fact-based management reporting and analysis of actuals and forecast inputs
- BA/BS degree in finance or accounting
- 3+ years of financial analysis experience
- Analytical background working directly in an FP&A environment.
- Understanding of GAAP (e.g. revenue recognition rules, company capitalization policies and proper expense timing).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and proficient in G Suite.
- Detail oriented and strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence / drive change across functional and business boundaries.
- Ability to question the output of a financial model and consider options for improvement.
- Effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision.
- Prior experience with NetSuite and Anaplan/Host Analytics/Planful a plus
- Own equity in the company – every employee is a stakeholder in our future
- Work with an adept team of people who love what they do
- Flexible work program
- Comprehensive health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, and pre-tax commuter deduction
We solve real problems with technology to make people’s daily lives better.
At Tile, we recognize that daily life is challenging. We lead busy lives filled with family, friends, jobs, pets, and other things we love. Balancing this can be demanding, unpredictable and stressful.
We use technology to solve real everyday problems that keep each day running smoothly. People rely on Tile to be a seamless part of their lives whether they are at home or out in the world.
By helping to make daily lives easier, we free people to find their best lives — whatever that means to them. Tile is for everyone, on every platform, everywhere in the world. Tile for life.
Tile is best known today for its market-leading Bluetooth finders with over 35 million units sold and ~5M items located daily. That said, Tile has recently expanded the devices that are findable by its platform by embedding its software into third-party products.
Over 30 billion Bluetooth devices are shipping over the next 5 years and each of these can be Tile-enabled with a software update. Partnerships have been announced with HP for laptops, leading audio headset OEMs like Bose and SkullCandy, and several others. Tile also has a large portfolio of unannounced OEM partnerships with top brands in many other large verticals (e.g. wearables, bikes, etc.) and is integrating its technology on the Bluetooth chips to make the Tile enablement more seamless for these partners (e.g. Tile has a partnership with Intel for PCs).
In addition to the OEM and chip partnerships, Tile is scaling its finding network by entering into access point partnerships with companies like Google, Amazon, and Comcast (all announced and ongoing).
From a business model perspective, Tile is shifting the relationship with its customers from a transactional device sale to offering a long-term, high-value service. Tile introduced its premium service two years ago and has ~400K subscribers today with a specific focus on growing annual recurring revenue.
We are guided by our company values, which are Start with Trust, Bring It, Build What Matters, Better Together, and Power What’s Next. Recently accredited as a Great Place to Work, we are a high-performing team and our leaders consider themselves to be performance coaches with a primary responsibility of accelerating Tile’s success and that of their teammates. We know that the more our consumers win, the more we win, and we love working with like-minded teammates to do just that.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.