Blockchain (201-500 Employees, 58% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Blockchain is the world’s leading software platform for digital assets. Founded in 2011, we provide the world’s largest and most trusted production blockchain platform, powering more than 75 million wallets. Together with our platform of liquidity and execution services, we share the passion to build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We have continued to expand our company’s footprint and venture into new products and business lines. With a balanced approach between Consumer Products and Institutional business lines, Blockchain.com covers a wide array of products and customer types.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Financial Planning and Analysis role with a primary focus on our institutional business (covering Lending, Trading, Investments, Venture Capital and Asset Management) with some exposure to consumer products and services
- Take lead on creating and maintaining the annual operating plan and budget process for the company
- Present budget to actual performance to product heads and CFO and CEO
- Analyze financial information and provide real-time reports support to management for decision making purposes
- Identify and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Identify inefficiencies to improve business performance and conduct supporting analyses
- Evaluate trends in performance and initiate analysis to identify opportunities and risks.
- Partner with CEO and management team to develop and enable the company’s long and short term financial strategy
- Partner with business leaders to evaluate key trends, identify profitable growth opportunities and ensure forecast accuracy
- Support capital and resource allocation decisions through insightful analysis and modeling
- Lead monthly business reviews from finance perspective and maintain financial dashboards
- Build and maintain the company’s 3-year plan
- Prepare finance materials for board of directors meetings and investor meetings
- Collaborate with the investor relations team for quarterly report to investors and board of directors
- Provide input on new product pricing decisions as requested by business leaders and determine forecast implications
- Integrate acquisitions into planning and forecasting processes
Blockchain is a dynamic, fast-moving startup and this person should enjoy operating with increased autonomy and executing upon objectives with less than crisply defined boundaries and/or expectations in situations without clear precedent.
To do so, this person will rely on their integrity, attention to detail, demonstrated business intuition, creative problem solving and experience in financial modeling and project management. At the same time, he/she needs to be a utility player willing to roll up his/her sleeves and help out wherever needed.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialized finance or accounting experience
- 3+ years experience overall within a major financial institution or large fintech firm
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrate diplomacy and responsiveness in interactions with others, being able to form relationships with counterparts and mid-level clients and stakeholders to exchange information needed for transaction or portfolio processing
- Advanced Excel financial modelling skills required
- Investment banking, private equity, M&A or FP&A / FinOps experience in relevant industries
- Data preparation, data visualisation and data analytics skills preferred but not required (Tableau in particular, or related skills e.g. SQL and statistics experience)
- Demonstrable interest in cryptocurrencies, venture capital and principal investing
- Willing to work in a fast paced, high growth and challenging environment where you’ll be given ownership and responsibility over mission-critical analysis and reporting
- Travel on short notices, as needed
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options