Velocity Global (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Job Title: FP&A Data Analytics
Location: Remote – Anywhere
We are looking for a Financial Planning and Analysis Data Analytics to join our growing FP&A team. The Finance team is growing its capability in data analysis and automation to drive more agile and informed decision-making across our commercial functions. Reporting to the Financial Planning and Analysis Sr. Manager, you will be responsible for driving the automation of processes within the Finance function, improving the agility of our business performance analysis, and telling the story behind the data through dynamic dashboards.
- Identify data quality issues, correct gaps in data, and implement the best processes for data cleaning
- Support implementation of new financial tools and integration with current IT software
- Identify the needs to successfully transform the data for Finance, acting as a catalyst for change across the company
- Help serve FP&A and its stakeholders by creating visibility throughout the business for those relying on financial information for performance management
- Proactively identify pieces of analysis to optimize efficiency and reduce operation costs
- Create and maintain automated dashboards bringing data to life in an easily digestible format
- Drive improvement of FP&A processes such as accurate financial planning deliverables, including budgeting, rolling forecasts, and strategic long-range plans
- 4-6+ years of experience working in data analytics or business intelligence
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience with analytical tools are a plus
- Expert data modeling, database management, and analytical skills required
- Experience in dashboarding, spreadsheets, and BI tools, preferably Looker
- An understanding of basic financial concepts (revenue, cost types, margin, etc.)
- Confident in designing and building new processes and procedures
- A fast thinker with an agile thought process, comfortable in fast-paced work environments
- Experience with ETL platforms and strategies, Python skills preferred
- Snowflake and NetSuite experience or similar
- Knowledge of a data visualization tool – Looker, Tableau, QlikView, or Power BI
- Experience working with Anaplan or similar planning software
- Proactive, can-do attitude that can navigate ambiguity and promote change
Velocity – Exceeding expectations of our customers, colleagues, and ourselves by delivering swift and effective results.
Integrity – Doing right by our customers, colleagues, and ourselves through honest and ethical actions.
Be Bold – Daring to take risks, learn, and grow to benefit our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
Empowerment – Owning our decisions and being accountable for the impact we have on our customers, colleagues, and ourselves.
Service – Supporting our customers, colleagues, and ourselves with respect and empathy.
As a work anywhere company, Velocity Global fosters a values-driven culture. We value inclusion and belonging. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, ancestry, race, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
WHAT WE DO
Velocity Global is one of the fastest growing companies in the world. Our Global Work Platform™ enables the world’s leading companies to identify, hire, and pay the best talent in over 185+ countries, and all 50 United States. More than 1,000 brands rely on our Global Work Platform™ to build highly collaborative global teams with ease. At Velocity Global, we make working from anywhere, anytime, possible.
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM
We are a team of passionate, creative, empathetic, and innovative, “owner-employees”, committed to building the world’s #1 cloud-based, next-gen Global Work Platform™.
If you wake up compelled to innovate, collaborate and laugh, you should apply!