FitXR (51-200 Employees, 236% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual, augmented and mixed reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores.
We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun – and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere – whether that is the gym, the park, or at home – is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
Content @ FitXR : Content Production Team
Content is responsible for delivering effective and fun classes for our community to play. We cover everything from programming the workouts, to playlist creation, to creating the actual game you play on the platform. The Content Production team mainly focuses on choreographing and building workouts in our in-house tools and delivering new workouts every day of the week.
We need someone with an impressive background in combat fitness (boxing / MMA), you’ll bring an in-depth knowledge of technique. You’ll also be able to build and lead a high performing team.
What you’ll do
- Propose creative solutions; what else can we include in our classes to keep them fresh, fun and challenging? You’ll leverage your knowledge of combat sports and work with our Engineers to understand how we can implement new modalities into the app
- Lead a team of Content Developers – You’ll lead the studio that delivers our Box workouts, and future content themes
- Deliver classes – Alongside leading the team, you’ll also need to get stuck in and create fresh content using our in-house tools
- Quality check classes to make sure each game is up to brand standards (involves working with the Quality Assurance team and Audio Engineers)
You should apply if ✅
- You have led a high performing team before, or can demonstrate a strong affinity to management
- Have group fitness and / or personal training experience (primarily box, strength training, and dance)
- Ability to learn new software / tools quickly
- Bonus: Experience or knowledge of game design or development basics
- You are meticulous with deadlines and identify and flag issues before they impact your ability to deliver
- You excel in a quickly evolving environment and can adapt quickly to changes
- You are a problem-solver and self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile to deliver a perfect class
- Basic knowledge or intuitive understanding of UX concepts
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our Selection Process
During this job application, we will ask you to play a couple of short neuroscientific games. These games provide you with the opportunity to showcase your potential, talents, and personality. As a result, we can ensure equal opportunities for everyone who applies, by evaluating everyone based on objective, scientifically proven insights rather than gut feeling.
As we value personal growth and transparency, we will make sure you receive your results on the games as well. Good luck!
- Complete neuroscientific games
- Talent Screen
- Interview with our VP – Content and Director of Fitness
- Meet the Content team
- Final Interviews – We choose three of: Culture, Cross-functional, Leadership. Strategy, Founder
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
Fully remote: your life, your way of working
Unlimited annual leave
Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
£800 per annum learning budget
£900 per annum wellbeing budget
£400 work from home budget
Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
Laptop & VR headset
⛑ Private Health Insurance
♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
12 weeks full paid family leave