Synura (1-10 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About the CTO role
This role will lead communication, collaboration, strategy, execution, and special projects across all of technology. As a startup, we need someone who is (at least at the beginning) ready to roll up their sleeves and code, while at the same time establishing the foundations of our technology platform and organization. You will work in close partnership with the CEO to drive programs and execute and monitor our business strategy. The role requires a sharp, critical thinker who can solve business issues and communicate clearly.
Duties/responsibilities of CTO
- Determine, implement, and maintain company technology stack.
- Work with customers, product, and design to understand customer needs and identify solutions.
- Collaborate to convert product ideas into product capabilities.
- Represent engineering as part of the cross-functional leadership team.
- Drive long term engineering and technology strategy
- Technical roadmap, including operational, performance, and developer excellence.
- Evangelize the engineering team to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain delivery and post-launch quality for all experiences and services.
- Improve application development, QA and production environments and processes.
- Recruit exceptional global talent to scale our teams.
Qualifications of CTO
- Remote start-up experience required.
- 10+ years of proven success as an engineering leader of complex, high scale cloud services and customer experiences with a track record of increasing responsibility.
- 10+ years experience with Software (SaaS) product development.
- Proven success building and leading high performing, multi-site technology teams.
- Significant experience with AWS cloud services.
- Previous consumer-facing, full-stack engineering experience.
- Strong business and commercial acumen and insights to validate and inform future opportunities.
- Proven ability to foster a data-driven culture with the requisite leadership, communication and influencing skills necessary to deliver in a mission based company.
- Experience with video and streaming technologies is a big plus; experience with creating video and streaming content yourself is even better.
- Experience working on open source or open core projects/companies is also welcome.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
About Synura, Inc.
At Synura we’re passionate about video. We help companies collaborate on streamed and recorded content by orchestrating activities like script writing, asset management, transcription, approvals, publishing, and more. Check out our home page, about us page, and public handbook (which includes our values and company direction) for more info. We build with open source in mind from the start, and will be integrating with (and contributing to!) Open Broadcaster Software (OBS). Our seed investor is Open Core Ventures, who are big believers in the power of an open-source base for all software.
You can see the hiring process flow, candidate FAQ, and other information on the recruiting page of our public handbook.
Details for all roles
Are you passionate about video and streaming technology, but aren’t 100% sure if you meet all the qualifications? Go ahead and apply and let’s talk.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by a myriad of factors, including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits.
At Synura, Inc., we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Synura, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.