Teachable (201-500 Employees, 49% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Teachable we empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish this, our core product enables individuals and small businesses to create, host and sell online courses and coaching. We have over 40,000 subscribers teaching a diverse array of topics, ranging from crafting to card tricks to coding, who have collectively earned over $1.5 billion through Teachable. Fifty million people worldwide consider themselves to be creators. More than two million people earn enough from their passion projects to consider it their full-time income. The rise of the creator economy means more people than ever want to share what they know and monetize it. Teachable is poised to offer best-in-class solutions to this ever-growing market.
The ability to process credit cards is critical to Teachable’s business model and overall Mission. The Fraud team, and specifically Fraud Analysts, ensure that Teachable maintains acceptable chargeback rates so that our payment processing activities can continue. In addition, Fraud Analysts play an important role in identifying and managing fraud across the platform, thus strengthening the integrity of our offering and further protecting the Company, its employees and our Creators.
- Overall goal is to minimize fraudulent activity, with the primary relevant metric being chargeback rate (CBR). Our goal is to never let our monthly CBR exceed 0.5% on any of Teachable’s native gateways
- Prevent Negative Balances from increasing with preventative measures (locking payouts, raising reserves)
- Maintain a 24 hour SLA for held payments in review
- Review all schools making their first sale within 24 hours
- Use software tools (including our in house Staff app alongside third-party tools like JIRA, Sigma, and Sift Science) to monitor Teachable customers for elevated levels of fraud and escalate actions accordingly, up to removing Creators from the platform
- Develop dashboards in Sigma (based on SQL) as needed to fit the team’s needs
- Develop and maintain machine learning workflows within Sift Science
- Work alongside Security Team to respond to platform-level threats
- Use critical thinking and analysis to determine whether schools and students are fraudulent under Teachable’s standards
- Correspond with customers via email to inform them of potential fraud and possible solutions
- Assist customers in disputing fraudulent transactions by entering data into our payment processor portal
- Send outreach and warnings to Creators about climbing chargeback rates
What We’re Looking For
- Familiarity with Excel, Google sheets, SQL, Stripe
- Deep understanding of SaaS platforms
- 2-3 years of work experience in payment processing or Trust & Safety
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to explain complicated processes in writing in “plain English” to customers
- Familiarity navigating social media platforms, gauging online presence of Creators
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate in gray areas, comfort using your ‘gut’
- JIRA, Sift Science experience is a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
Teachable is continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure (unless otherwise mentioned in a job description).
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.