Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Risk at Brex
The Risk team is building a premier Risk Management Brand for Brex. We are the business owners for financial losses and ensuring we maximize growth while remaining within the Risk Appetite. The team owns and maintains company wide risk policies and creates a construct that ensures they are adhered to. The team consists of experience across FinTech, Banking, Accounting, Operations and Lending.
What you’ll do
As a Fraud Risk Associate, you will be part of a fast paced and exciting Fraud Risk team. Primary focus will be on account-related fraud with adequate opportunities to grow along other dimensions of fraud. Specifically, this person’s ownership will span from top of funnel risk management, Know Your Customer, Know Your Bank or Know Your Business protocols, and Identity Verification.
Main responsibility will be to collaborate and drive strategy within the Fraud team and cross functionally to formulate Risk Policy as it relates to account fraud. Day to day will draw upon your analytical expertise to leverage internal and external data and domain knowledge to enhance decision framework combat fraud. At Brex, the Fraud Risk team is highly analytical, and we’re looking for someone to join our team as a subject matter expert who is accustomed to working with large data sets.
- Build and optimize a portfolio of New Account Fraud defences. This will require writing risk policy to address onboarding risk within Know Your Customer, Identity Verification and Know Your Bank processes
- Analyze large data sets to propose risk rules to manage imminent New Account Fraud threats
- Partner closely with Compliance to align regulatory guidance with Risk Policy
- Work with Operation teams to train analysts on how to execute against Fraud Risk Policy
- Collaborate with Engineering, Data Science and Product team to implement Fraud Risk policy and work on short to medium term roadmaps
- Act as subject matter expert in regards to account fraud for internal stakeholders
- Remediate in a cross functional setting bad actors attempting to create Brex accounts with malicious intent
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years experience building/managing fraud strategy in a Financial Services industry
- 1+ years with KYC and New Account fraud experience specifically within the financial sector
- Fluent in SQL with 3+ years of experience querying databases and analyzing large datasets
- Broad understanding of the financial industry’s competitive landscape and what industry standard is for mitigating fraud
- Strong ability to define success metrics for fraud
- Experience with data
- Understanding of various fraud vendors as it relates to managing application fraud