dotCMS (11-50 Employees, 79% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
dotCMS is seeking a Front End Developer to work with our Research and Development team. Responsibilities will include assisting in developing new UI/UX for the dotCMS Content Management System.
We’re proud to be 100% remote!dotCMS has been fully remote for over a decade and as an employee, you may work remotely from any location that is compatible with standard U.S. business hours. Please note that we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time. Additionally, this is a full-time role, and we are not accepting part-time contractors or C2C candidates.
- Work with R&D team to create UI/UX standards
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to design and implement new features
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to enhance the usability of existing features
- Help enforce UI/UX consistencies across the system
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX of dotCMS
- When needed work with the marketing team and stakeholders to implement changes and enhancements to the dotCMS starter site and dotcms.com
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience (At least 5+ years working in Digital Production or equivalent)
- Experience with REST API and GraphQL API usage
- Familiarity node.js, npm, and frontend tooling such as Webpack
- Experience with front-end unit testing frameworks such as Storybook, Jasmine, Karma, Cypress, etc.
- Strong understanding of semantic HTML5 markup
- Strong CSS and CSS3 skills with knowledge of cross browser quirks
- Experience with responsive design and media queries
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors such as SASS or LESS
- Experience with the Github development flow and code reviews
- Understand design and be able to build new UI interfaces out of design systems
- Committed to write the smartest code possible in every line.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) in English, interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications.
- Self motivated, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Positive attitude toward work.
- Great problem solving ability.
Your Compensation. We offer competitive compensation that allows you to make a great living for yourself and your loved ones. Full time employees are also eligible to share in the success of our company through our equity package.
Your Team.We are a humble, competitive, and small vendor making waves in our industry, and you will be part of a team that has your back. You never walk alone! We are a diverse and distributed team, and we offer annual company paid training and development to our employees.
Your Voice. Your voice matters to all of us, and we appreciate your opinion as we scale our company to the next level in an open and transparent environment. We will periodically update the entire team on business performance and strategic initiatives and offer the stage for an entrepreneurial-minded professional to produce key initiatives that help to move the needle.
Your Benefits.We offer a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan with 100% monthly premium coverage for employees. Additionally, we also offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave, STD and LTD.
Your Office. We are a 100% remote work company. We value you as an individual, team member, and professional. We can only expect you to deliver high-performance with the right amount of You-time, therefore you will be a full-time contract employee who can enjoy an unlimited PTO policy and a generous amount of paid company holidays.
dotCMS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.