EdReports (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
EdReports is at the forefront of the curriculum reform movement. By increasing the capacity of educators to identify and demand the highest quality curriculum, EdReports is both disrupting a multibillion-dollar market and transforming the way students are taught and ultimately perform. With the firm belief that what is taught matters and that all students deserve high-quality materials, EdReports publishes free, online, evidence-rich reviews of instructional materials.
Purpose of Position
The Front End Developer will play a vital role in supporting EdReports and the communications team in envisioning, developing, and maintaining our primary products: the EdReports website and API. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker, and strong communicator who can support our organizational goal of ensuring all school districts, particularly those supporting our most underserved students, are reached. They have a high level of expertise in front-end web development and are able to quickly connect the dots between how a user experiences content across multiple devices and contexts. The developer will design, implement, schedule, test, and deploy full features and components of solutions. This individual thrives on project management and writing clean, well-documented, reusable, and highly organized code. The developer is able to balance the day-to-day demands of overseeing a robust website and API while simultaneously planning for future optimizations to increase EdReports’ reputation as a technology-based resource. The ideal candidate for this role has new ideas and perspectives to bring to the table, and also has the technical ability and know-how to execute those ideas.
Website and Systems Management – 85%
- Support the administration of EdReports’ website systems: website, reports CMS (Google Cloud Platform), website CMS (WordPress) and API (Google Cloud Endpoints). Expectations include:
- Developing front-end website architecture
- Designing user interactions on web pages
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones, tablets, and overall responsiveness of applications
- Creating quality mockups and prototypes on potentially tight timelines
- Assisting the Full Stack Developer with coding and troubleshooting
- Maintaining graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs
- Ensuring quality delivery of software through thorough testing and reviews
- Day to day management of frontend website maintenance, including: enhancing the release of new reports or content;
- Analyze multiple data sources and identify gaps in organizational data, working collaboratively to determine solutions;
- Respond to and manage a ticketing system to track website requests and bugs;
- Support and contribute to the implementation of a five year roadmap for improvements and optimizations to EdReports’ website and other consumer-facing online properties;
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications, programming languages, and usability standards;
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications;
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly key performance indicator summaries as needed.
Communications Coordination – 15%
- Work closely with the communications team to develop and execute content and campaigns;
- Create and share internal documentation outlining communications guidelines (e.g. user flows), “how-to” resources, and other mechanisms to ensure efficiency and high performance of systems;
- Partner with colleagues across the organization to build relationships, collaborate effectively, and inform content.
- Passion for the EdReports’ mission and vision;
- Experience should include:
- 2+ years of experience with software design, implementation, and testing;
- 2+ years of experience with using best practices and design patterns for writing clean, reusable, and highly organized code;
- Familiarity with Java preferred;
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms and how things fit together with modular design;
- Experience working in a startup: resourceful, creative, self-directed, comfortable working with uncertainty;
- Proficiency working with Google Cloud Platform strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with VueJS and React;
- Familiarity with Cloud Datastore, Objectify, and MySQL;
- Proficiency with the Git version control system;
- Proficiency with modern graphic design software such as Sketch and the Adobe Suite;
- Ability to solve problems and adapt quickly to new web design and application trends;
- Degree in computer science preferred, but not required.
We offer a highly-competitive benefits package for eligible employees that includes PTO, prorated to start date, of 4 weeks of vacation per calendar year, 3 personal days, and unlimited sick time; medical, dental, and vision insurance; short and longterm disability insurance; life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan, a whole host of ancillary benefits, and thirteen (13) paid holidays.
The range for this position is $75,000 – $85,000 annually. At EdReports, in setting a final offer for a position, we consider the experience and skill of the candidates while striving to maintain equity in our compensation bands. For this and other reasons, our salary offers are non-negotiable.
We Value All Voices:
EdReports is committed to equal-employment principles and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We strive to find ways to attract, develop, and retain the talent needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live, work, and serve. As such, all employment decisions at EdReports are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.