Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Amazon Music
Amazon Music reimagines music listening by enabling customers to unlock millions of songs and thousands of curated playlists and stations with their voice. Amazon Music provides unlimited access to new releases and classic hits across iOS and Android mobile devices, PC, Mac, Echo, and Alexa-enabled devices including Fire TV and more. With Amazon Music, Prime members have access to ad-free listening of 2 million songs at no additional cost to their membership. Listeners can also enjoy the premium subscription service, Amazon Music Unlimited, which provides access to more than 75 million songs and the latest new releases. Amazon Music Unlimited customers also now have access to the highest-quality listening experience available, with more than 75 million songs available in High Definition (HD), more than 7 million songs in Ultra HD, and a growing catalog of spatial audio. Customers also have free access to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and stations on Amazon Music. All Amazon Music tiers now offer a wide selection of podcasts at no additional cost, and live streaming in partnership with Twitch. Engaging with music and culture has never been more natural, simple, and fun. For more information, visit amazonmusic.com or download the Amazon Music app.
Note – This is a Virtual role, but could be based in Sunnyvale, San Francisco, or Los Angeles.
Key job responsibilities
As a Front End Engineer on the Product Design team, you’ll work closely with product designers, product managers, and other engineers to collaborate, envision, and implement prototypes of varying fidelities within the web platform spanning a range of devices. You’ll leverage the latest technologies and techniques, as well as our design system, to explore product concepts that will be used to converge directions and validate assumptions. Your peers will look to you to communicate technical feasibility and alternative solutions when roadblocks are discovered. Within this fast-paced environment, you will be responsible for implementation, testing, and deployment.
- 4+ years of professional non-internship experience with front end development within the web platform including devices such as mobile, tablet, TV, and more.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating industry leading user-centered design solutions across multiple product categories and domains
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Experience working with a rapid design team
- Management of your own time, and work well independently and as part of a team
- Aware of current technologies and recent developments in media technologies
- Experience in creating an web app from the ground up
- Previous collaboration with backend teams responsible for the APIs and other services
- Specific focus on front-end development for animations, motion, fluidity, interaction approaches, et al.
- Experience working with audio, live feeds, entertainment, two-sided marketplaces, social network design
- Familiarity with or passion for voice user interface (VUI) design best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.