LiveControl (51-200 Employees, 700% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Whether it’s a theater performance, a popular spin class, or your favorite podcaster trying to stream, everyone needs help producing dynamic live video. It’s a complicated and technical process, static webcams no longer cut it, and a proper production crew is an impractical solution.
LiveControl has created a video production studio in the cloud. Our clients install our 4k multi-camera setup into their venue, home, or office, and our team fully produces video entirely in the cloud. Completely live and with just the click of a button, we can make your graduation speech or home cooking show look like a Netflix special, all for a fraction of the cost of a typical production crew.
About The Job
As a front-end engineering lead at LiveControl, you will be building/maintaining, mentoring and running a 3 to 4-person pod, helping pioneer a product that is changing the way creators produce content for the first time.
As a member of our Studio Team, you will be focused on building the the world class portals used by our customers, administrators, and operators to create, manage, and execute their events; as well as helping build new features and functionality that will be used to open new opportunities for LiveControl in the future. As a member of our rapidly growing engineering team, you will be central to developing a scalable architecture, inspiring a great engineering culture, and building leading edge technology for live streaming.
- Pioneer new video production and broadcast software for creators across music, comedy, house of worship, and more
- Work with the rest of our engineering team to build world class live stream distribution at scale
- Work with product to deliver against an ambitious product roadmap
- Improve engineering processes to increase team effectiveness
- Participate in code review and collaborate with other engineers on code review feedback
- Collaborate on and propose RFCs to drive engineering focused initiatives and improvements
- Write and maintain automated tests
- Participate in our daily (virtual) engineering standup with an expectation that video will be on
Experience & Skills
- 7+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- Expertise in TypeScript/React front end development
- Experience in AWS technologies, including but not limited to S3, EC2, Lambda, SNS, SQS
- Experience with both Relational Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL), and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Proven experience leading a team of engineers through complicated projects, from start to finish
- Challenges excite you and you have a track record of breaking through walls on your way to success
- You have experience working with a team of engineers, doing code-reviews and setting best engineering practices.
- Strong desire to document the system, but with as little work as possible through automation
- A desire to learn new technologies, discuss new ideas, and work collaboratively with a team of engineers to build our platform
- You love video and believe it will continue to be an integral part of the way we live our daily lives
- You have an eye toward user experience and work well with design teams on pixel perfect requirements.
- Fluency with web stacks (Node, TypeScript, React)
- You can pick up a new programming language and framework in no time
- You enjoy collaborating on and debating technical implementations
- Experience working with live streaming applications, embedded systems or cameras, drones, or smartphones
- Experience working third party stream distribution APIs like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and Instagram
- AWS Developer, or Solutions Architect certifications
Perks & Benefits:
• Fully paid healthcare – including dental, vision, and more
• Unlimited PTO
• 401(k) plan provided
• A focus on learning and growth, we offer annual skill development reimbursements
• A fully remote-friendly environment and workflow, work anywhere within the United States
• Monthly home office stipend
At LiveControl, we’re looking for people with passion, creativity, integrity and trust. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. We’re open to all backgrounds and careers, including those that have taken some extraordinary twists and turns.