HackerRank (501+ Employees, 147% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are revolutionizing technical hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that enables our customers to assess technical skills effectively. We are growing fast and looking to add to our Engineering team. This position is full-time and based remote within India.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will play a pivotal part in HackerRank’s mission to “Accelerate the World’s Innovation”. You are excited to make an impact on the lives of millions of developers as you build the platform for them to showcase their skills and get hired. We’re responsible for building the world’s leading technical interview platform. We believe in “Extreme ownership” and you’ll have immense ownership both in terms of product and engineering.
Your work will have a direct impact on the lives of millions of developers as you build the platform for them to showcase their skills and get hired. You will be responsible for building the Candidate Portal product which is a brand new product for the candidates taking test on HackerRank platform. Working on a product which is in early stages of development, you will have lots of freedom and flexibility in designing the product and architecture and have the opportunity to scale it to millions of users.
You will be working on:
- Partnering with product designers and product managers to build and improve workflows and user experience for the Candidates
- Building uniform software front end components that are pluggable and can be used across the organizations for various offerings
- Understanding key web performance metrics for the product and strive to improve it on regular basis
- Actively participate in setting up good standards and conventions for front end engineering and also review code for quality. We believe a good code is like good karma; it goes a long way
- Collaborating with the engineers across the team; for organization wide initiatives, with the mission to improve software quality and user experience on a regular basis
We are looking for:
- Strong and self motivated individuals, looking to learn and contribute to key product and tech initiatives.
- Expertise in ReactJS
- Good hands on practical knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with frontend toolings like webpack, babel, etc
- Hands on experience in frontend debugging and testing
- Keen attention to quality, someone who has set or used good coding standards for front end development
- Good knowledge of various browser environments, compatibility, any experience in building a multiscreen app is a bonus
- Eye for detail and metrics driven especially around Web Performance and Optimization
Nice to have:
- Understanding of frontend security
- Exposure to other frontend frameworks besides ReactJS
- Understanding of backend API’s and technologies
- Exposure to typescript is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- One-time home office set up stipend
- Monthly Remote Work Enablement Stipend
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Wellbeing Benefits (Headspace, Ginger, Carrot, Cleo, etc)
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Insurance for all employees (term life, personal accident, medical) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- COVID 19 insurance to employees and dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,800+ companies across industries and 15M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.