Deep Structure (1-10 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Knee Replacement at it's Best - Better Outcomes. More Personalization. A Better Experience
Deep Structure is on a mission to improve healthcare for orthopedic patients. We are working to provide medical insights to surgeons and providers using machine learning and AI. We are a small distributed team with ambitious goals headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI.
We are seeking a smart and ambitious full stack developer with experience in Ruby on Rails and React. We value pragmatic and product-focused developers who want to have impact, learn quickly, and grow with us.
Our software as a service (SaaS) platform includes containerized services deployed with Docker on AWS. We have GraphQL and REST APIs backed by a PostgreSQL database. We also have native iOS and Android applications.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Design / code, test and deploy features from concept all the way to production
- Contribute to constructive code reviews, focused on readability, consistency and delivering well-tested code
- Adapt to changing requirements as we learn from customer and stakeholder feedback
- Have unique impact shaping our products and company culture
You’ll be most successful at Deep Structure if you:
- Have at least 3 years experience working as a full stack engineer
- Value pragmatism over perfection
- Have strong opinions, loosely held – be confident but humble
- Learn quickly and are willing to learn new technologies, frameworks, and platforms
- Ask clarifying questions seeking to understand when you don’t have the answers
You’ll be an ideal candidate, if you have also experience with:
- PostgreSQL (or MySQL)
- GraphQL (graphql gem) and REST (grape, grape-entity gems)
- Tailwind CSS
- Minitest, FactoryBot and Shoulda
- Jest, React Testing Library
- Docker (alpine, ruby, nginx)
Bonus points if you also have any experience / interest in:
- Swift / SwiftUI
- Kotlin / Jetpack Compose
- AWS Container Infrastructure
- Pytorch / AWS SageMaker / Machine Learning
You’ll enjoy these perks:
- Work with a group of smart people aligned in our mission to make healthcare better
- Work from anywhere / flexible work schedule (with 4 hours overlap in US Eastern Time)
- Generous PTO
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Salary range: $80,000 – $100,000 per year
To apply, send a brief cover letter introducing yourself and why you want to join us. Be sure to provide your recent relevant experience as well as attaching your complete résumé. If you have a code sample, feel free to share it along with a description of why you’re proud of it.
We look forward to learning more about you, so apply now!
Direct candidates only, no recruiters please.