Techfolk (1-10 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
VPD is hiring a remote full-stack engineer to help develop and implement our groundbreaking cloud solution, contributing across all aspects of our app, its data, architecture and deployment.
We’re a well-funded scaleup (no VC money) with big plans to revolutionise legal pricing: our software aims to bring an end to law firms overcharging clients, arbitrary pricing, and other bad practices that have existed for years.
Our two directors are recognised world authorities in this domain, we are recognised suppliers to Thomson Reuters and Aderant Legal Software. We’ve successfully onboarded one of the world’s largest legal teams and we’re now busy preparing to deploy to some of the top 100 law firms in the UK and abroad.
Our app is powered by React, with Apollo Client for its GraphQL queries and mutations. It leverages Ant Design as the UI framework, upon which we build a mixture of UI components; some simple, some complex.
On the back-end, we’re using PostgreSQL as our RDS, TypeORM as our ORM, TypeGraphQL to define the API schema, and Apollo Server to deliver the GraphQL.
Both our front and back ends are coded in TypeScript. We believe in end-to-end testing and have therefore used Playwright to handle an automated E2E test script which runs before deployments.
The work is varied, challenging, and we place equal emphasis on front and back-end; we need to deliver scheduled features, fix bugs, and respond to the needs of newly onboarded firms.
Qualities and skills sought
- A good technical understanding of software engineering principles
- Adept with React, TypeScript, Node.js, PostgreSQL and GraphQL
- Proficient with SQL, TypeORM or similar
- An interest in upholding data security principles and helping us choose and implement effective application architectures
- Ability to unpack complex requirements
- A collaborative, adaptable, user-centred approach
You may also bring – or like to learn within the role
Ant Design | TypeORM | TypeGraphQL | Apollo Client | Apollo Server | Java | CircleCI | Heroku | Auth0 | AWS | TDD | Agile | Domain-driven design (DDD) | data modelling | integration patterns
Location: fully remote, within the UK only
Please note, we can only consider candidates that hold an established right to work in the UK
Salary and Perks
- £70,000 – £90,000 – reviewed at six months – we’re keeping an open mind
- Share scheme for formative team members (once proven value to the business)
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and a day for your birthday
- Flexible working practices – tell us what you need
- Personal development plan that you can shape, with budget for related training/certifications
RECRUITERS: VPD has selected techfolk as its exclusive recruitment partner for this position and cold calling or speculative applications are not welcomed.