Modsy is an online interior design service that is reinventing the way we design our homes. We use 3D rendering technology to deliver designs in our clients’ exact rooms with real furniture and decor they can shop on the spot. Our images are so life-like you’ll swear they’re photos. (Check out one of our projects here!)
We are a mission-driven company and believe that better designed spaces lead to happier lives. We bring this to life through our one-of-a-kind experience combining cutting-edge 3D visualizations with expert interior designers (that’s where you come in).
*UNITED STATES ROLE with UNITED STATES AUTHORIZATION ONLY
Modsy helps customers visualize real furniture and decor in a 3D model of their exact room so they can design their homes and shop with confidence. Modsy’s designers are comprised of a talented group of creatives (we’re talking interior designers, e-designers, and architects) who have a passion for technology and interior design.
Interior Designer Role & Responsibilities
As a Modsy Designer, you will be responsible for designing beautiful customer spaces and helping them visualize the rooms of their dreams. Using Modsy’s designer platform and leveraging your design and style expertise combined with a customer-centric lens, you will personalize each room to meet each customer’s design needs.
This full-time, remote-contract opportunity is great for someone passionate about home design who loves providing great customer service and wants to have fun along the way! This opportunity is perfect for new designers looking to build their skills.
The Modsy Remote Designer role is a contract position for people who can work at least 40 hours per week to create beautiful designs for our customers. You will be scheduling video consultations with each customer in a 3-4 hour window between 9 am – 9 pm EST, 5 days a week- can include weekends.
- Authorized to work/reside in the US
- Background in Interior Design, E-Design, or Architecture
- Prior interior design or interior e-design experience required
- Experience with Auto-CAD, SketchUp, Rhino, Revit, 3D software, Photoshop
- Ability to work a consistent schedule around 40 hrs a week
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Customer-centric orientation
- Critical thinking abilities
- Design in a fast-paced setting
- Manage 8-10 customers at a time
- Our pay structure is $17 an hour, contract position
- Modsy’s designer platform only runs on the following. Please confirm you can meet the following requirements before applying.
- Mac: Any desktop Mac, 2015 or later; MacBook Pro or Air, Mid-2015 or later; 8 Gb of RAM
- Windows: 2015 or later; Intel HD 4000 graphics or better; 8 Gb of RAM
- Resources: Fast Internet speed, may require upgrading internet service; Computer mouse; 20” monitor (nice to have)
Interested in becoming a Modsy Remote Designer? Follow these easy steps:
- Apply online!
- Complete the Modsy Style Test and Design Assessment (this will be sent to you after you apply)
- Attend a phone call with our recruiter
- Get Certified as a Modsy Designer and start designing real customers’ spaces!