Hypixel Studios (51-200 Employees, 126% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for an Adventure Game Designer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
As a member of the game design team you will be responsible for designing and balancing features for Hytale. You will design and deliver features that enhance the adventure gameplay of Hytale.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for diverse applicants that are passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
Who you are:
- You’re a designer who thrives while realizing the vision of the game through content and systems that continually surprise and delight the player
- You balance your unique perspective with a deep understanding of the motivations of our players and creators
- You are self-motivated, yet collaborative. A self-starter who can align with the team’s goals but isn’t hesitant to create solutions on their own
- You are literate in game design fundamentals. You enjoy spinning up conversations about what makes a game fun while trying to understand how each component contributes to the whole
What you will have to do:
- Work closely with design leadership to design and balance compelling adventure and sandbox gameplay experiences, with a focus on bringing the world of Orbis to life
- Collaborate with Tech, Art, Animation, and Audio to deliver world class gameplay
- Evaluate features in the context of a multiplayer environment, understanding the opportunities, risks, and concessions necessary to deliver exceptional multiplayer adventure gameplay
- Communicate your designs clearly to the team through design docs, user stories, wireframes, pictures of napkin sketches, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of our diverse playerbase and their various needs and desires
- Use research and player feedback to validate that your designs are meeting the project’s goals
- 2+ years of experience in professional game design on multiplayer titles
- Experience with designing adventure and sandbox gameplay
- Proficiency with goal-oriented design processes – able to balance product goals with design decisions
- Strong collaboration & communication skills in a remote environment. Able to work closely with other disciplines to deliver the best holistic solutions
- Understanding of diverse player motivations, particularly outside of personal preference
- Worked on at least one AAA RPG game
- Experience in continuously releasing new content and features to live players
- Deep level of understanding and engagement with roleplaying mechanics
- Familiarity with block style games
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.