Change Healthcare (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Job Descriptions for General Clerk I
The General Clerk performs a variety of clerical duties, such as responding to/resolving correspondence, working interface edits, back end edits and reconciliation of charges. Collects information for specified report formats. Maintains files, proofreading, completing forms and checking for accuracy, answering telephones and simple typing.
What are the requirements?
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- 1 year professional work experience
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Good typing speed with high accuracy
- Production oriented to meet productivity standards
- Identify issues and trends and bring them to the attention of the management team
- Completion and/or review of all demographic information needed to properly generate billing
- Timely and accurate entry of charge information
- Client log reconciliation as required
- Handling of insurance denial data
- Forwarding of necessary data to A/R as required
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Medical billing experience
- Healthcare industry experience
- Strong data entry skills
- Must be proficient with ten key punch
- Must have strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and be detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Must maintain patient/client confidentiality with an understanding of HIPAA law
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.