Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is seeking engineers to join our team to build new features that improve our existing products for both our retail and institutional customers. As a frontend engineer at Coinbase, you’ll help solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems and will build delightful user experiences and scalable frontend systems to make cryptocurrency accessible to everyone across the globe. You’ll also work with our security and risk engineering teams to build trust and safety features to protect user accounts, without compromising on the user experience. If you’re excited by the problem space of designing and delivering engaging user experiences, building performant user interfaces, and building trustworthy financial systems, we should talk!
What you’ll be doing:
- Articulate a long term technical direction and vision for maintaining and scaling our web and mobile platforms.
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable using modern tools like React, React Native, Typescript, React Navigation, Jest and Webpack.
- Turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter by working with engineers, product managers and senior leadership.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
What we look for in you:
- You’ve developed and shipped user-facing features using component-based UI frameworks.
- You’re familiar with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security and usability.
- You’re familiar with product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers, engineers, and product managers.
- You write high quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
Nice to haves:
- You’ve worked on front-end teams in the finance or security space
- You have at least 1 year of experience in developing React Native mobile apps or helped move existing native apps to React Native
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.