Elastic (501+ Employees, 58% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business-it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
You will partner closely with the Global HR Operations team, regional and functional HRBPs, under the leadership of the Director of HR Systems and Analytics, to drive all aspects of HR Operations in the EMEA region.
You like to operate in a structured way but can thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view, are data driven and you know that sometimes laughter is indeed the best solution.
You think big, challenge convention and are excited to help us reinvent what we believe HR should be at Elastic!
- Take ownership for all of Elastic’s HR Operations activities and programs, aligned with our overall goals and in sync with legal requirements in EMEA, especially in Germany. Including but not limited to:
- Be responsible for the excellent delivery of the operational HR life cycle within assigned responsibility countries region: from joiners to leavers, parental leaves to transfers, benefits enrolments, regional monthly payroll as well as the preparation of compliance documents and processes.
- Making an impact by being in control of our HR operational activities, including handling employee queries via our ticketing system for relevant countries
- Scan the compliance and legal landscape, to flag the meaningful HRIS and HR
Operations projects in the region.
- Be an active team member in the HR Organisation and understand what matters to our people, at all levels within the organisation.
- Help us use the feedback captured to ensure our operations function is successful across the region.
- Work in alignment with the global operations team and regional HRBP team, making sure all activities run efficiently.
- Building your presence and connections regionally to ensure that the HR team remains aware of the most meaningful people topics amongst our various teams
- Work closely with our Recruitment Operations Team to guarantee a smooth transition of our people from being a candidate to an Elastic employee
- Participate in process improvement projects for the region and globally
- Ensure that our HR systems are up to date
- Have passion for People and love to see them succeed in the workplace
- Find happiness in doing an excellent job and work as part of a team
- Have real ambition to improve the employee experience at Elastic in your region
- A problem-solver: you always focus on the positives and how to address challenges, rather than simply identifying them
- Are a skilled communicator with excellent self-awareness and clearly communicate across languages and cultures
Required Skills and Experience:
- The role is Germany-based and must have experience in an HR Operations role within EMEA (experience in the Germany is essential, knowledge of the Nordics countries Denmark, Norway and Sweden – is highly desired)
- Experience handling statutory legal HR documentation and a sound understanding of employment regulations.
- Ability to partner optimally with HR Operations and other teams such as regional HRBPs (i.e., you can work in a matrix reporting environment)
- Ability to build effective work relationships within the organization, and with employee representatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave