BlackLine (501+ Employees, 51% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Get to Know Us:
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing!
At Blackline, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
The Field Alliances Director is responsible for developing business with a selected group of strategic alliance partners.
For each Consulting & BPO partner, responsibilities include Go-To-Market (GTM) planning and execution, pipeline generation, driving incremental revenue, partner enablement, and internal alignment across various departments. The regional strategy and GTM plan will reflect global priorities and initiatives and will be aligned with our regional teams.
The role is also responsible for BlackLine’s strategic partnership with SAP in the region. Primary responsibilities include driving incremental revenue, supporting sales related activities and Go-To-Market (GTM) planning. The regional strategy and GTM plan will reflect global priorities and initiatives and will be aligned with our regional teams. He/she will subsequently be responsible for executing against that plan. Key areas of responsibility include Account Planning & Targeting for Sales Regional Plays, Alliance Strategy & Planning, Program Management / Delivery, Executive Alignment, Stakeholder Management and Alliance Marketing.
You’ll Get To:
- Oversee Alliance strategy and GTM planning across region with all partner types
- Drive GTM, governance and service alignment approach with portfolio partners in the region
- Align closely with Sales Management team so alliance strategy and operations support BlackLine’s regional Go-to-Market
- Develop alliance strategy and GTM plan for each partner.
- Define mutually agreed outcomes/ metrics and obtain partner commitments in areas ranging from practice development, marketing, and sales.
- Confirm priority industry segments and target accounts with partner alliance leads, and work regional sales leadership and sales executives to execute partner sales engagement plans – driving increased pipeline and closed sales
- Develop and execute well-defined, revenue-driving programs.
- Drive mutually agreed practice development plans that continue growth of each partners’ BlackLine practice. Confirm target outcomes via key metrics (BlackLine certifications, FY practice bookings, customer success stories, etc.).
- Align top partner executives (practice leads, industry leads, client teams, etc.) with their BlackLine counterparts.
- Actively promote alliance value proposition for each partner within BlackLine, and the partner’s organizations. Function as a strong advocate for the alliance. Clarify & communicate highest impact metrics (growth, customer success, etc.).
- Maintain accurate pipeline & results dashboards that communicate to key stakeholders the effectiveness of the alliance programs & investments.
- Orchestrate business performance reviews to assess operational metrics/effectiveness on a recurring (quarterly) basis with partner alliance leads, alliance team.
- Ensure effective and timely communications on relevant announcements, programs, and performance – with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver SAP revenue to achieve or exceed BlackLine’s SAP revenue goals in the region.
- Develop and execute well-defined, revenue-driving programs in cooperation with SAP’s and BlackLine’s regional sales leaders.
- Identify and create pipeline generating activities with BlackLine and SAP stakeholders
- Develop alliance strategy and GTM plan for SAP accounts in the region.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities; at times other duties may be assigned as needed.
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ Years of Experience in Related Field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of service offering creation, marketing, lead generation processes and key performance indicators/value drivers for large professional services / SI organizations.
- Practical experience in supporting definition and delivery of solutions with partner leads/P&L owners.
- Track record of delivering measurable results, regularly meeting or exceeding targets. Priority given to experience driving influenced revenue or channel sales via partnerships with SI’s, Big 4s, etc..
- Strong executive presence & exceptional communication skills (verbal, written). Ability to rapidly engage a diverse audience of internal / external stakeholders and build consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a collaborative environment.
- Superior ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to quickly analyze and apply relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams to increase program ROI and effectiveness.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; ability to focus and execute in a rapidly changing environment, take charge and make things happen. Self-starter, with strong work ethic and personal drive and character qualities that match with company core values and inspires others to follow and act
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- 10+ years’ experience in Partner / Alliance Management managing SI partners including experience with a variety of partner types preferred (e.g. Big 4, Global SI’s, boutiques and Regional SI’s
- 5+ years’ experience in finance/accounting related business experience preferred
- Existing working relationships with Big 4 / Global SI’s strongly preferred
- Experience with SAP-related business, either at SAP or as an SAP partner, strongly preferred
- Masters preferred (Diplom-Kaufmann/Kauffrau)
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world’s most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiner’s continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.