General Motors (501+ Employees, 25% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
This is a Remote work model. This position does not require the employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The Global Compensation Consultant will report to the Global Lead, Compensation Market Intelligence and Data Insights. This remote role has responsibility for salaried benchmarking, compensation structure development with oversight for several countries. In line with General Motors’ Compensation Principles, the Global Compensation Consultant will participate in compensation surveys, conduct market & competitor analysis, develop compensation structures, and based on data results, recommend approaches in compensation. Will be responsible for building base salary, short-term and long-term incentive structures. This position includes ad hoc projects that include deep analysis into a particular function, business or market.
General Motors offers opportunities for growth, work flexibility and competitive pay and benefits.
- This role will oversee benchmarking and structure development for multiple countries
- Identify appropriate market data sources, participate in surveys, analyze market data and provide data driven recommendations
- Day-to-day compensation activities may include job evaluation, research on compensation trends, managing job profiles, standardizing processes, short-term projects, offer creative solutions to attraction and retention challenges
- Be a member of a dynamic and global team that develops the strategy around the market intelligence practice
- Partner and advise members of Global Compensation & Benefits, particularly Global Compensation Consultants to provide guidance on compensation analysis and results
- Provide consultation to Talent Acquisition, HR and the business to align with GM’s Compensation Principles and competitive guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, mathematics or related degree
- Proficient in the English language
- Familiar with compensation surveys
- 4 – 8 years of related experience
- Experience working with compensation packages including long-term incentive plans
- Must be comfortable with data and able to analyze, interpret, and draw conclusions and develop recommendations from the data
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team, take initiative, and work to plan
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with PayScale or PayFactors
- CCP or GRP certification from World at Work
- Experience with Sales Compensation Plans
- Work experience with start-ups, tech companies
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong consulting skills
- Ability to balance sense of urgency
- Persuasive communication skills
- Strong storytelling skills
- Interpersonal savvy
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Problem solving
- Flexibility and organizational agility
Compensation: The compensation information is a good faith estimate only. It is based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid in accordance with Colorado law. The compensation may not be representative for positions located outside of Colorado. The median level of salary compensation for this role is $122,000.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.