ConsenSys (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
at ConsenSys Remote, Global
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Reporting to the CFO, this position will lead and drive the ConsenSys global accounting functions and reporting
framework in its entirety while they continue to expand.
The ideal candidate is someone who inspires a high-performing accounting team but can also embrace ambiguity
and loves solving problems. You will play a critical role in ensuring they continue building a world-class accounting
function while partnering across the business to ensure our systems and processes are running smoothly.
• Lead, support, and develop a high performing accounting team while driving efficiency and automation to
keep up with the demands of ConsenSys growing business.
• Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, ensuring that records are kept in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles to help build a scalable infrastructure for day-to-day operations.
• Provide technical accounting guidance and accounting operations support related to proposed
transactions and other business developments.
• Responsible for timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes including detailed
analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and preparation of financial statements in
compliance with U.S. GAAP.
• Ensure that ConsenSys is prepared for audits and serve as lead to the annual audit process.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal
• Partner with the executive management team, business units and other members of the finance team to
provide advice on financial implications of business activities and transactions
• Minimum 10 years of experience with a mix of public accounting and public or private company
experience, minimum 5 years in a Controller role.
• CPA essential
• Experience within blockchain technology or digital asset companies highly preferable.
• Proven track record of leading and developing high-performing accounting teams
• Experience in global consolidation accounting
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, and reporting requirements
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, able to communicate complex concepts and risk factors
to stakeholders and influence decision making.
• Experienced business partner, skilled in building trust and inspiring others while ramping in a new
business and role.
• Excellent knowledge in assessing, developing, and implementing internal controls.
• Excitement around navigating a hyper-growth, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.