General Motors (501+ Employees, 25% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As a Tax Analyst for General Motors you will participate in a rotational opportunity providing experiences in various functions and groups within the Tax department (Tax Accounting, Tax Compliance, Tax Audits, International Tax, State and Local Tax, Transfer Pricing, Value Added Tax, Customs, and Tax Planning). Designed for self-starters who take initiative, can manage projects through to completion, and have strong written and oral communication abilities.
- US GAAP quarterly and annual tax accounting processes for the U.S. and/or non-U.S. regions, including deferred/current tax calculation, cash tax forecast, effective tax rate forecast, valuation allowance analysis, and support on the reporting of uncertain tax positions and tax contingencies
- Review tax accounting submissions for accuracy and completeness
- Provide tax accounting support for Tax planning, M&A, divestiture and similar activities
- Assist in the resolve of tax accounting issues and drive leading practices
- Assist in technical accounting analysis of legislative developments
– Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provision
– Operate Sarbanes Oxley 404 tax controls and support related testing
– Ensure timely and accurate filing of tax returns, including quarterly estimates
– Partner with business divisions and other departments within Corporate Finance to ensure the accuracy of tax returns and financial statement balances
– Provide support in the review and analysis of proposed and existing tax laws, regulations, and rulings
– Work on special, cross-functional projects
– Build and update tax planning and tax analytic models
– Assist in the management of federal and state audits, including drafting responses to government inquires and analysis of audit work papers
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 3+ years of relevant large public accounting firm or private industry experience.
- Experience with a U.S. based multinational and Masters in Tax preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with Tax, Finance, Legal and other departments in the U.S. and other countries
- CPA preferred
- Hands-on experience with the preparation of U.S. GAAP income tax provisions including ASC 740, APB 23, ASC 740-10-25 (Fin 48) tax contingency accounting, and other related accounting pronouncements
- Systems experience with tax solutions products (OneSource) and ERP ledgering systems (SAP software)
Work location: Hybrid, the responsibilities of this position can primarily be accomplished offsite, away from primary work location in Detroit
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.