Paddle (201-500 Employees, 148% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
In May 2022, we joined forces with ProfitWell. ProfitWell provides BI solutions that improve retention and monetization automatically through unmatched subscription intelligence. As one team and one platform, we offer the “done for you” approach to SaaS payments, billing, and growth.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
As a member of the Finance team you will take the lead, structuring and managing Paddle’s complex and growing tax function. You will report to our VP of Finance and will be responsible for Corporate tax (UK), R&D Cess (UK), US Federal / State income Tax, Franchise Tax and Transfer Pricing arrangements. You will build on an efficient and robust tax compliance environment, designing and implementing a control framework as Paddle continues to grow. The role is both strategic as well as hands-on, providing diversity to the role in your day-to-day. You will need to stay abreast of an ever changing tax landscape and proactively ensure Paddle’s continued compliance. At Paddle you will work closely with our product and engineering teams to ensure compliance.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible to standardize global indirect tax compliance control and processes.
- Ensure timely reporting, no missed deadlines, and proactively respond to legislative changes in reporting.
- Work with various teams (especially product & engineering) and understand the upstream and downstream process and the impact on indirect taxes.
- Plan and understand indirect tax compliance laws and share updates with team members.
- Review monthly Indirect Tax reconciliations
- Ensure tax planning and tax issues/queries are covered by the team
- Support VP of Finance to manage and assist on indirect tax matters
- Key player in assisting with indirect tax audits, ensuring information is shared with authorities in a timely manner and work with tax teams prior to submission.
- Mitigate stakeholder escalations and work through resolutions where required.
- Bring different areas of expertise together through cross-functional teams, with the aim of fostering innovation and creating new ideas and solutions.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Proven experience in a similar role with Direct and Indirect Tax exposure.
- ATT/CTA/ADIT or equivalent qualification.
- Handled complex, large-dataset Excel and Google spreadsheets in the day-to-day of your previous/current roles.
- Experience of managing complex multinational indirect tax operations
- Previously worked with a high level of accuracy and met strict deadlines.
- Worked at a Software or SaaS business and are enthusiastic, self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading a team.
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your passion for learning and what you’ll bring to the table. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture. We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.