Circonus (11-50 Employees, 68% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Our Golang Software Engineers focus on the design, development and overall lifecycle of our software products. You’ll join a team of high-performing engineers who strive to improve Circonus’ monitoring and analytics platform. You’ll be expected to operate independently, though your day-to-day will often involve working with a small team to create, support, and deploy production applications.
In particular, we’re seeking someone to help expand the capabilities of Circonus’ client tooling for collecting, repacking, and delivering high volume metric streams from a variety of different technologies. Circonus utilizes Golang in numerous ways, including running our APIs which also fall under purview of this position, but also throughout the Circonus platform.
This position is 100% remote, and will remain so post-COVID.
- Design, build, maintain, and document our external metric collection tooling
- Support our internal shift from a monolithic architecture to API-driven models
- Design and implement software in Go, Perl, C
- Complete unit, functional, and performance testing of produced deliverables
- Work alongside the Product team to ensure high quality deliverables
- Participate in peer reviews during design, coding and testing
- 2+ years experience building, testing, and deploying high quality, highly reliable, golang applications
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Go and commonly used libraries is required
- Passion for quality-oriented, software development best practices including unit and functional testing, automation, continuous integration, and low-dependency architectures
- Comfortable working with Git and GitHub for version control, including opening/reviewing pull requests and distributed branching models
- Experience working with project management software such as JIRA
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Telegraf
- Experience with monitoring and analytics solutions
- Experience working with cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud; it’s helpful to have worked directly on software that relied on these public cloud providers to have a good assessment of monitoring requirements in these environments
Circonus offers a powerful telemetry intelligence platform to handle the world’s most demanding use cases. From mission-critical IT infrastructure to data-intensive IoT applications, Circonus works with any tech and at any scale. Circonus uses advanced data science and patented technology to ingest and analyze telemetry data to deliver unmatched clarity, insights, and performance. From real-time alerts and fault detection to ML-based predictive analytics, Circonus helps companies optimize operations and deliver exceptional user experiences with confidence. We enjoy a global reach, but our customers primarily cluster on the East Coast, California, and to a lesser degree, Europe. Our success stems from our industry-leading offering and our obsession with customer satisfaction. Culturally, we operate like a startup. Small, agile teams with quick decisions and short, iterative cycle times. We relish our core values of respect, integrity, value and growth, among others. All of our positions include a discretionary PTO policy, generous employer covered health and dental insurance, employer matched 401K Plan and more.