Brainlabs (201-500 Employees, 18% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Brainlabs is a data-led marketing agency, helping businesses build experimentation-led marketing through display, CRO and analytics.
Group VP, Paid Search & Shopping
Team: Client Services
Reporting to: SVP
Estimated Start: July 2021
Location: REMOTE – Eastern Time Zone preferred
Work Authorization: This role is open to US Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s the role
We’re looking for a Group VP, Paid Search & Shopping to lead our largest US paid advertiser’s account!
Tell me about the company
Brainlabs is an experimentation-led agency famed for its world-class company culture. We seek to create an environment where everyone is excited to come to work and contribute to our two-fold mission:
- to change the future of digital advertising
- to build the best company to work for
For more info why not take a look at our company handbook and our employer pledge which sets out our aim to be remarkable in diversity and inclusion, team spirit, client work, career progression, and fun.
Give me a breakdown of what a Group VP, Paid Search & Shopping at Brainlabs does:
- Drive revenue retention and growth of group
- Maintain agreed upon contribution margin
- Coach client-facing team on client management and integrating marketing strategies
- Point of escalation for all clients
- Manages agreements of clients in Hive
- Participates in annual planning/budgeting process
Leadership and management responsibilities:
- Models strong leadership including alignment to company priorities and philosophies, effective stress and emotion self-management, as well as a positive and patient demeanor with the team
- Cultivates an atmosphere that embraces diversity and inclusion within the team and agency
- Identifies and closes team skills gaps through coaching and/or training
- Manage and coach GAD’s and direct reports on employee performance management and client strategies
- Managing others to their maximum potential; developing and maintaining high levels of team effectiveness and satisfaction (target below 20% attrition)
- Hiring/staffing/promotions for positions within Hive with US POps approval
- Supports New Business efforts for clients getting assigned to their Hive
- Collaborates with new business and GAD’s on client assignments and reassignments
- Participates in cross-selling capabilities, including writing of scopes of work, as needed
What talents and experience would suit this role?
- 8-10+ years of related paid search and shopping experience including experience in an agency setting working with retail clients
- Previous management experience
- Experience with related platforms i.e. Google Ads, Search Ads 360, etc.
- Combination of hands-on experience managing campaigns and strategic direction of accounts
- Majority of experience in a client-facing role within an agency setting, and proven track record of success meeting client KPI’s
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Exemplary communication skills (persuasive written, compelling oral)
- Expert level Microsoft Office and/or Google Business Apps skills, especially Excel and/or Sheets
- Passionate about paid search and ecommerce marketing and the success of your clients
- Demonstrated alignment to our company values
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities. More specifically, our equal opportunities and diversity monitoring data indicates that we under-represent BIPOC ethnic groups, so we actively encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!
When you apply to work at Brainlabs, we may use your application data to make employment decisions, but your data will not be distributed or used elsewhere unless you are hired as an employee. All applications ask for your consent to allow us to process your personal data. However, you have the right to withdraw your information at any point by reaching out to [email protected]