Lambda School (501+ Employees, 23% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Lambda School trains people to be software engineers for free in exchange for a share of future income.
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda School is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda School has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
What you’ll do
- Operate at the intersection of marketing, engineering, and admissions to design and execute on a product growth strategy
- Listen to the customers, whether they are applicants, current students, hiring partners or Lambda School staff, and derive insights from them.
- Dive into the performance of our admissions funnel, SEO, website, email conversion funnels, and more identify key opportunities.
- Create roadmaps for delivering experiences by creating hypotheses and identifying the questions and objectives that drive each project.
- Clearly communicate product growth vision and strategy, get all members of the cross-functional team aligned and motivated
- Launch MVPs and A/B tests, iterate quickly based on findings and clearly communicate product development updates, risks and issues to cross functional partners and senior management
What you’ll need
- Significant product marketing, growth marketing, or product management experience leading features and projects from the conception of the idea through the full development lifecycle.
- Continuous discovery mentality – talking to customers to validate your own assumptions about the needs of a product
- Track record of effectively prioritizing, communicating and coordinating efforts across teams
- Experience running A/B tests, evaluating results and leading post-launch optimizations. While not every test will win, you’ve shipped projects that moved the needle.
- Experience using a customer-centric approach to identifying product needs.
- Experience using analytics and data to inform product decisions and measure post-launch impact
- Experience defining and running an efficient product development process, knowing that no process is a silver bullet.
- Willingness to respond rapidly to change based on feedback, knowing that what is true today in the product, the school, and the customers might not be true tomorrow.
- Not required but preferred: Experience working with Salesforce.com
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.