Timescale (51-200 Employees, 67% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
TimescaleDB is an open-source time-series database optimized for fast ingest and complex queries.
Timescale is looking for a Growth Marketing Manager to build a scalable and personalized developer customer journey for our products. This role will work closely with our Marketing, Customer Care, and Product Management teams to help craft, deploy, measure, and iterate on marketing initiatives and in-product levers that drive signups, usage, and retention of customers.
This is a great opportunity to own growth for the next great database company. Successful candidates will have a proven track record of defining and driving key business metrics for SaaS products, designing and running growth experiments, identifying and scaling growth channels, and reporting frequently to executive leadership. You’ll have complete ownership of all growth channels: paid, organic, SEO, SEM, and owned. We are developing a diverse and inclusive distributed company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and locations. Successful candidates will embrace diversity and actively contribute to our commitment to inclusion.
This role is remote, but English language fluency is a requirement.
- Execute and manage growth marketing campaigns, including defining, measuring, and tracking key business metrics.
- Iterating and optimizing business metrics in close collaboration with executive leadership.
- Partner closely with product marketing, customer experience, and operations teams to ensure proper messaging, timing, and execution of one-off and ongoing campaigns.
- Segment and run growth experiments for developer audiences using TimescaleDB.
- Design and work closely with engineering to build personalization into all customer touchpoints.
- Execute and analyze A/B test plans to improve engagement performance and conversion rates.
- Propose and manage the budget for all campaign activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop new assets for each stage of the customer journey.
- Measure each experiment, document findings, share broadly within the company and make recommendations for future use.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 3+ years of growth or campaign marketing experience in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Proven experience planning and executing programs across the customer journey.
- A strong desire to keep learning and stay on top of the growth craft. (Timescale will pay for you to attend conferences, take courses, and keep your skills state-of-the-art.)
- A proven self-starter who seeks out sophisticated projects and is capable of completing them start-to-finish.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation creation and delivery skills.
- Excellent cross-organizational collaboration skills. You can work across the team, across roles, and synthesize viewpoints and reach consensus.
- A passion for developers and nerd culture.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief.
- Works well independently and remotely.
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.