Grammarly (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Growth Product Designer (mid to senior level)
DesignSan Francisco Remote
Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly team members who will be collaborating at our San Francisco hub must be based in the United States.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Product Designer to join our Growth team. Grammarly’s vision is to improve lives by improving communication and core to this vision is meeting the communication needs of people worldwide. The Product Designer, Growth, will play a crucial role in acquiring, retaining, and monetizing users through a customer-centric approach to experimentation.
As a Product Designer on the Growth team, you’ll research opportunities and design experiments to understand how to effectively connect people with our product value, identify growth levers, and drive business impact. You will gain a deep understanding of our various customer segments and their jobs to be done so you can design optimal user experiences that educate, engage, and upgrade our users across all product surfaces.
You will work with the Growth team but will also develop partnerships with cross-functional teams across Data Science, Product, Marketing, and Engineering. In this high-impact role, you will:
- Design across multiple product surfaces: extension, native, web, mobile.
- Collaborate with User Research and Data Science to identify opportunities for growth.
- Advocate for the user and inspire the Growth team to go beyond the status quo.
- Design experiments to learn how to increase product engagement and user retention.
- Iterate with an emphasis on user delight, impact, and learning.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has 34 years of experience shipping products people love.
- Is a master of their craft specifically interaction and visual design.
- Leverages research to develop hypotheses and inform design decisions.
- Ideates multiple variations before converging on testable treatments.
- Iterates on designs using A/B tests, usability testing, and customer interviews.
- Demonstrates product thinking; problem-solving, goal setting, and prioritization.
- Can understand our growth and product strategy and be an active contributor in determining a long-term path to achieving a business outcome.
- A self-starter who collaborates with others to drive projects to completion.
- Inspires and mentors colleagues, sharing processes, skills, and experience to level up the team.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, 401(k) matching, and more.
- For Colorado-based employment: The salary range for this position is $89,000 – $220,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.