AngelList Venture is fundamentally altering how startups raise money by replacing early-stage venture capital with modern technology. Our infrastructure allows investors to build on top of AngelList instead of a traditional VC firm. We’ve innovated on new ways for VCs to raise money, new ways for startups to provide liquidity for employees, and even index-like VC funds.
We’ve grown exponentially in 2020 (www.angellist.com/2020) and have exciting plans for 2021. If you want to help us build the future of venture capital, we welcome you to apply.
About the Role:
Reporting into the CEO, you will lead our design team and ship impactful work, ideally based out of our San Francisco office. With over $2.5B in assets under management, 77 unicorns backed by AngelList Funds & Syndicates, and 51% of all top-tier U.S. VC deals in our portfolio, AngelList is the nexus of venture capital. Our strategy of building a scalable, innovative platform that makes spinning up and managing funds a breeze for both fund managers (GPs) and investors (LPs) has enabled us to own the early-stage venture market.
We pride ourselves on rethinking established norms in venture. Come help us build the future of Venture.
- Recruit and hire a stellar design team
- Influence company and product strategy
- Manage and develop direct reports within the design organization
- Pinpoint edge cases, future problems, changing variables, potential integrations, and implementation processes when reviewing the team’s work
- Provide cross-functional guidance to engineering, marketing, sales, legal and operations
- Very strong sense of urgency and demonstrable experience shortening design and launch cycles
- Consistent examples of demonstrating rigorous thinking
- Past experience using design to solve complex workflow problems
- Ownership Mindset. Past experience of displaying taking ownership over projects
- Value Creation. Using creativity to solve problems most people thought were not possible.
- Strategic Thinking. Ability to compress company strategy into a simple formula
- Talent Magnet. Proven experience recruiting a stellar design team
- (Optional) Industry Context. An understanding of core financial concepts and venture finance.
- A deep love of startups (https://venturehacks.com/save-the-world).
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
A Remote-First AngelList: AngelList is a remote-first company – you can choose to work remotely or work from one of our offices in hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City. While AngelList offices are only partially open at this time in accordance with local health guidance, you choose how and where you’d like to work even in a post-COVID world.