Based (1-10 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Based is creating a centralized point to access all your relationships in Web3, alphas, and the NFT activity that matters most. Their goal is to build the definitive place for everyone in Web3 to have the conversations that matter most. They also have an NFT studio that’s had two sold-out mints.
If you are looking for a well-funded, early stage Web3 startup where you can have a foundational role with deep engineering and architectural challenges – this role could be for you. As a part of the Executive Team, you’ll be involved in every key decision made. You’ve scaled massively before and you’ll help us do it again- all while taking a balanced approach.
We believe that Web3 unlocks a more enriching means for personal interactions and thus a Web3 company culture should as well. Central to our mission are the following values:
- Human First mindset both in how we interact with one another and how we build for our users.
- Collaboration and a willingness to embrace multiple perspectives and expertise to create something greater than the sum of our parts.
- Integrity in our interactions with team members and choices we make on behalf of our users.
- No ego in the pursuit of contributing to a shared goal of changing how the world communicates.
- Curiosity – the ability to find opportunity and delight in the ambiguous.
We are a fully remote company and have been from the start. We have built several fully remote companies and know what it takes to build a great collaborative and asynchronous engineering culture. The key aspects are totally open and transparent company communications, frequent lunches where everyone just hangs out and regular in-person offsite meetings. The founders characterize the culture as “calm and thoughtful with a flexible approach to employee life outside the company.”
What You’ll Do
- Build the core software engineering and devops team.
- Make critical architectural decisions (openly alongside your peers) about technology, tools and how best to scale.
- Oversee the deployment and maintenance of our platform, apps, and SDK.
- Collaborate often with the COO, CEO, Head of Product and your other peers to plan, scope and execute roadmap plans and feature releases.
- Actively contribute to the codebase. You can expect to spend up to 20% of your time working in the code base initially.
What We’re Looking For
- Someone with insatiable curiosity, strategic vision, and ability to execute at a high level in building world-class software.
- Someone who is fascinated with Web3 and is an active NFT collector, Discord participant, or has at least one side project in the space.
- Experience building enterprise grade consumer applications, both SaaS and mobile, from the ground up using React, React Native, Node.js.
- Experience with SQL databases like Postgres or MySQL.
- Hands-on experience in Solidity or Rust gets double extra credit.
- Experience building and managing world class development teams from the ground up.
- Executive team experience and the desire to contribute cross-functionally.
- Passionate about knowledge sharing, fostering Agile development and building a high-performing CI/CD and DevOps team.
- Early-stage startup experience is a strong plus because you want to do it right this time.
- Experience with Web3, NFTs, blockchain and smart-contracts are a plus but not required.
Why You’ll Want To Work Here
- Experienced executive team with multiple exits.
- Experienced Web3 team with a ton of gravitas and large following.
- Significant equity and skin in the game (in the 2-5% range).
- Competitive salary from 250-350k based on experience.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages.
- Opportunity to work in Web3 with visionaries in the space
Ideal Candidates Will Have
- A deep desire to be in the web3 or crypto space.
- App security experience and know-how.
- You’ve put large scale Solidity or Rust projects into production.
- Regularly engaged in the Web3 and Discord communities.
What did we miss?
Note: experience with each and every one of these is NOT required, if you have a strong background in complex web applications and you’re a polyglot… you’ll likely do well. With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We’re committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. This is the exact reason we don’t say “requirements” anywhere. If our mission, our culture, our values, our approach to hiring or anything else you just read made you nod your head vigorously, please still get in touch; we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for this or other roles (now or in the future!). In addition, if you have feedback for our JD, or process, please also reach out to let us know. We are relentlessly focused on experimentation and growth as values :).