Finite State (11-50 Employees, 89% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Finite State is the pioneer of IoT device intelligence.
Head of Finance & Accounting
- United States
At Finite State, our mission is to protect the devices that power our modern lives by illuminating the vulnerabilities and threats within their complex software supply chains. We do this by leveraging massive data analysis to provide transparency to devise manufacturers and their customers – enabling them to understand and mitigate their risks before they are compromised. Reporting directly to the COO, we are looking for a strategic and driven Head of Finance & Accounting to come in managing external partners, but eventually, build a team in their vision. This position is fully remote and can be based anywhere in the United States.
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Own entire finance and accounting function, from reconciling actuals to forecasting Finite State’s future.
- Planning/Forecasting: Lead planning and forecasting activities and collaborate with leadership to ensure we are effectively leveraging our capital to achieve company goals/milestones.
- Reporting: Generate GAAP-compliant monthly financial reporting packages and provide in-depth analysis on monthly results, including actuals versus forecast.
- Assist in fundraising activities including providing sensitivity analysis and multi-year financial projections.
- Manage outsourced accounting firm for month-end close and manage the timeline for fully in-housing accounting processes
- Collaborate with the leadership team to iterate on company KPI/metrics and dashboarding.
- Identify, select, and partner with an external firm to kick-off Finite State’s first financial audit for the 2021 year.
- Build a scalable process for invoicing and sales tax collection/remittance.
- Partner with the Senior Director of Product Management for product pricing/packaging.
- Partner with the COO to ensure the company is achieving favorable unit economics through commercial growth.
- Partner with the incoming Head of Talent to create employee grades/levels.
- Create and implement company expense/travel policy and effective tooling.
Candidates at a minimum must have the following:
- 7+ years experience in accounting and/or finance
- Have led finance/accounting at another Series A/B venture-backed startup with experience creating and implementing finance/accounting processes.
- Have led a startup’s first audit
- Fluent in Excel and working with large data sets.
- Aptitude for leadership
- Highly competitive, organized, and driven
It’s preferred (but not required) that candidate have knowledge of/experience in:
- Experience at an external auditing firm
- Cybersecurity domain expertise
About Finite State
Built on two decades of cybersecurity experience serving the Fortune 50 and the U.S. Intelligence Community, our team of experts understands the hidden risks in today’s enterprise networks, where IoT vulnerabilities are quickly becoming the entry point of choice for cyber attacks.
Finite State gives cyber defenders a tactical advantage by identifying the devices running on the network and proactively analyzing firmware buried inside the IoT devices for hidden vulnerabilities. We have a sense of duty to protect the critical infrastructure we rely on including medical devices, power grids and telecommunication networks. We were founded in 2017 in Columbus, Ohio.
At Finite State, we are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salary, equity, full benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability and life-insurance), 401k plan and unlimited PTO, because we believe it is important to unplug and recharge.
Come help us solve one of the biggest problems in cyber security!
Finite State is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Finite State prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Finite State conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.