We are looking to build our Finance team and welcome a Head of Finance as our first role to join as a business partner to the CEO and Executive team. You will play an instrumental role in helping grow the company by building our Finance function, managing the strategic financial direction of the company and contributing as a member of the Executive team. This is a hands on role, especially early on, so if you enjoy diving into an early stage company, being both tactical and strategic and want to make a huge impact, read on. This role reports to the CEO.
Replicated is 100% remote. This role will be based out of the US and is open to any state.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define, hire, manage and mentor the finance and accounting teams.
- Own all aspects of FP&A.
- Working closely with our Revenue and Executive teams to own responsibilities around forecasting and managing business metrics (i.e. Pipeline and Revenue Forecasting)
- Partner with the CEO on the company’s strategy, fundraising plans, capital structure and M&A initiatives
- Optimize company’s metrics, cash flow planning and reporting, projections, and KPI’s to support rapid growth, fundraising, and exit optionsIdentify areas of risk with plans to mitigate that risk and introduce a proper control environment as we grow the company
- Design and roll out a company-wide budgeting, forecasting, reporting and long range planning process, including detailed methodologies and assumptions that are properly validated – generating practical insights and recommendations
- Own all aspects of accounting operations & financial reporting (including taxes, audits etc) in collaboration with external service providers.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our business and culture to better support our strategic objectives, with an eye towards communication and transparency
- Oversee, manage and advise on cap table and equity grants, in partnership with the founders and VP People
- Partner with the VP People on annual employment benefit renewals – Health, 401K, FSA, etc.
What you bring to the role:
- Proven ability to build successful teams with exceptional people management skills – you’ll be growing a team and care deeply about their development and contributions.
- Proven track record of leveraging technology to drive efficiency and scale
- A hard requirement for autonomy and a clear vision for how you’ll approach building your Finance organization
- More than 3 years experience as Finance leader at start-up (CFO, VP, Director, Controller), ideally enterprise software companies with some experience in public accounting a plus
- 10+ years experience with progressive responsibility in accounting and finance
- Hands on experience with venture capital fundraising rounds
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Superb verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting and principles including revenue recognition
- Deep understanding of software metrics and business drivers
- Solid experience in financial management, including: budgeting, forecasting, AP/AR, and financial analysis
- History of building strong internal relationships with a talent for building consensus on initiatives and changes
- Prior experience with the challenges early-stage startups face
- You think strategically, and are able to also focus on tactical and operational issues
- You have experience in developing and implementing internal controls and formal processes around finance
- An innate sense of curiosity and a desire to learn constantly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field (equivalent experience accepted), CPA preferred
Replicated provides the tools for software companies to operationalize and scale the delivery of their Kubernetes-based applications to enterprise customers using a “modern on-prem” methodology. We’re working to improve the overall state of Enterprise Software by making it simpler for innovative teams to sell to large Enterprise customers without shifting focus away from their core products.
We are a Series-B stage startup with great customers, including HashiCorp, Gradle, Snyk, Sysdig, CircleCI, Wickr and many others. We’re a small but growing team led by two insightful and dedicated founders, who were early to recognize that container orchestration could become an essential tool for businesses of all sizes. Almost half of the Fortune 100 companies already manage applications using Replicated, and customer satisfaction and retention is very high.
Replicated is committed to cultivating an efficient, respectful workplace. We know that innovation thrives on teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences.
We offer strong benefits to help you stay healthy and productive:
Partner perk programs
Generous time off
Laptop+accessories you need to get set up
Generous home office set up allowance or co-working space allowance
Replicated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and we work to make sure that all team members have an equal opportunity to succeed.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Replicated in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Replicated. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Replicated as a result of the unsolicited referral.