Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you want to be part of an incredible growth company – a chance to be a strategist of a function that makes an impact on our culture and employees? Atlassian is looking for a Head of Internal Communications to create and cultivate the stories we share with our employees and run a growing function. This role will report to the CCO, Head of Global Communications.
If you believe that internal communications is the most important and challenging communications job at any company that cares about its culture and growth, then we’re looking for you. As the Head of Internal Communications, you will help our 8,000+ awesome employees around the world stay informed, feel connected, and share a sense of purpose as part of the Atlassian team. Your mission will be to increase employee engagement and help create and communicate our internal narratives and programs.
This job is for you if:
You’re looking for a challenge – the opportunity to nurture your community at one of the leading tech brands in the world. You enjoy developing comprehensive narratives to help us grow the Atlassian TEAM. You always find ways to improve communications and are comfortable proposing new ideas. Also, you get excited about communication channels to ensure you can reach the largest number of Atlassians possible.
You know instinctively that internal comms is about both empathy and understanding. You have an extraordinary ear for language and tone, and love to write.
Most of all, you have experience leading growth through clear, thoughtful ways of connecting the people you work with to the information they need to know.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Develop a global internal comms strategy, especially in partnership with our People, Talent, PR, and Executive teams; refine the internal our voice; and help Atlassians become fluent in speaking with that voice. Ensure messaging is clear, right for the audience, and on brand.
- Surprise us with your innovations!
- Measure the impact and refine your programs based on your measurements.
- Build and oversee multi-channel content for multiple audiences and geographies.
- Establish operating rhythms with main departments to ensure important projects and priorities are communicated.
- Work with PR and other teams, manage crisis comms internally and the main issues facing our employees.
- Contribute to internal content creation and help amplify main communications from the Office of the CEO and other execs.
- Steward our open brand narrative internally.
- Collaborate with our Creative team to develop visually appealing content that tells a story.
- Manage weekly Global Town Hall, AFAs (Ask the Founder Anything) sessions, and more.
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- Have 10+ years of experience in internal communications or employee communications, having run a function and led a team.
- Experience working in or with leadership teams.
- Have built and run global communications programs.
- Experience handling communications for diversity, equity & inclusion projects and galvanizing teams around these programs.
- Experience as a natural writer, able to personally pen blogs, executive speaking points and content for employee and cultural programs.
- A history in the software or related industry, with insight into tech history, culture, and tech nomenclature.
- B2B and B2C experience, or at least an informed point-of-view on what makes brands stand out to attract employees.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .