Curated (201-500 Employees, 228% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Curated is on a mission to humanize online shopping by connecting customers with passionate experts. Our three-sided marketplace allows top tier experts to monetize their passion and helps consumers to make the perfect purchase. We also provide leading brands with a high-touch platform to connect great products with the right buyers.
As Curated continues to grow, we’re seeking a Head of Machine Learning to act as a thought leader who will define and drive dynamic data initiatives that are critical to our success. In this role, you will collaborate with Engineering, Product, Leadership and other teams to make our platform smarter, and lead machine learning initiatives from prediction modeling, to recommendations, to search and beyond.
What you’ll do:
- Lead from the front as a hands-on subject matter expert, architecting and crafting scalable solutions, and driving data excellence across the organization.
- Coach and mentor our team as we build scalable data and machine learning solutions.
- Inform and deliver on ambitious product roadmaps to accelerate our growth.
- Build and deploy end to end ML models and leverage metrics to support predictions, recommendations, search, and growth strategies.
- Define measurement plans and inform the product roadmap of Curated, through experimentation and statistical analysis.
- Work cross-functionally to identify future machine learning applications for our company.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing elegant machine learning models at internet scale.
- Deep programming proficiency to implement solutions in production (e.g. Python, Java).
- Advanced data science and mathematical skills (e.g. PhD in computational modeling, machine learning, statistics, computer science)
- Experience with modern databases, cloud environments, and data ecosystems
- Experience defining and leading large scale projects with multiple stakeholders
While these qualifications are typical of a strong candidate, they are not exhaustive and not required unless noted. We take a holistic approach to hiring and would love to connect if this role sounds interesting to you!
Curated was founded in 2017 with a mission to humanize online shopping. We’ve built a collaborative shopping experience brought to life with a community of passionate experts. Every shopper on Curated gets one-on-one personalized advice to find the right products for their needs so they can enjoy more of what they love.
Through our expert community, Curated has created a new type of knowledge-based work that enables people to earn meaningful income related to the activities and products they are passionate about, from anywhere.
Backed by Forerunner Ventures, Greylock, and Capital G, the company is growing fast. We currently specialize in outdoor sporting goods including skiing, snowboarding, golf, camping, cycling, fishing equipment with many new verticals coming soon!
We want to help you maximize your potential, both in your career and your extracurriculars. Working at Curated means you’ll get comprehensive healthcare, generous paid time off, significant discounts on the best gear out there, and even a 401(k). We believe that you’ll do your best work when you feel included, valued, and equal. See all our perks and benefits here.