Ethos (201-500 Employees, 224% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced product leader to lead our PM team responsible for the growth of Agent Partnerships, our high-velocity business that gives insurance agents the digital-first platform, tools, and Ethos insurance offerings to uniquely serve their clients and grow their own business. They’ll partner with teams across design, analytics, engineering, growth marketing, martech and life cycle marketing to help new agent customers discover Ethos. They’ll build great products that drive awareness, consideration, and activation among agents in various stages of their journey. They’ll help agents in early stages of their journey understand the distinct value of Ethos’ offerings, platform, and services. They’d drive a goal oriented roadmap that spans new experiences, growth hacking experiments, and optimizations to deliver results.
This role requires a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to get things done. The ideal candidate will couple deep intellectual capacity, analytical rigor, and creativity around customer experience. We’re looking for a senior leader who is passionate about advocating on behalf of users, demonstrates a high degree of ownership, and is looking to join a team with a clear mission and purpose.
In this role you can expect to:
- Create a clear and compelling medium and long-term strategy and vision for driving growth, with a data-informed roadmap to realize that vision
- Lead cross functional teams across product, engineering, analytics, design, and marketing to define and execute on our end-to-end strategies for organic growth, maximizing the effectiveness of paid and content marketing, and enabling strategic sales
- Establish a robust experimentation calendar that incorporates both optimizations and growth hacking bets, while implementing best-practices of experimental measurement.
- Get your hands dirty and drive the product development process for your product from ideation to launch to impact analysis, collaborating with many teams along the way
- Partner with sales, operations, and marketing leadership to define clear goals for growth, leveraging both technology and operational approaches
- Hire, coach, and manage a team of technical product managers
To thrive in this role, you have
- A deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- An owner’s mindset – you don’t shy away from the hard stuff
- Strong collaboration skills in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
- A sense of urgency and the ability to achieve impact in a fast-paced environment
- A growth mindset – you live and breathe experimentation, data analysis, and ruthlessly focus on impact
- A creative mindset – you can think out-of-the-box, generate big bets, and inspire other team members to do the same
- A strong understanding of current product best-practice and opinions on where product is going next
- A strong track record of growing products you’ve worked on, both in terms of usage as well as user affinity
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams to prioritize and build products that delight customers and deliver on company goals
- A strong analytical orientation – a focus on data driven decision making and the ability to measure success
- A solid design and technical understanding such that you can engage with your counterparts in collaborative and productive manner
- Experience in specific areas such as referrals, content marketing, B2B acquisition, SEO, martech, growth marketing is a nice to have.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following minimum requirements…
- 8+ years of relevant work experience across product management, engineering, design, analytics or growth marketing.
- At least two years of experience in managing a team of product managers in a high growth environment, including hiring and coaching.
- At least two years of experience owning the growth of a business or consumer product.
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.