OpenPhone (11-50 Employees, 443% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we’ve taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s?
OpenPhone is changing that. We’re the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning 20,000 happy customers and 52M in funding in just four years, it’s safe to say we’re onto something big.
Our team is curious, ambitious, and dedicated to their crafts. We’re high trust with a strong bias for action. If you’re looking for a place to do your life’s work, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
As our Head of Product, you will manage and grow a team of Product Managers as well as roll up your sleeves and do IC work. You will be responsible for helping us build a product that is fun, innovative and useful. Through partnership with design and engineering, you will ship products and features that delight our customers and move business metrics. This is a high visibility role with the opportunity to have tremendous impact on the overall business.
Here are some things you’ll do:
- Contribute to overall company product strategy
- Manage and grow a team of Product Managers
- Understand user needs through market assessment, quantitative analysis, and qualitative feedback
- Gather and document product requirements
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization
- Drive execution of the product roadmap through close collaboration with design and engineering
- Analyze metrics that inform product success & health, as well as future work
- Continually make our product development processes better, as we ship products quickly while maintaining a high quality bar
- 7-10 years of product management experience
- You are detail oriented and curious about how to deliver innovative user experiences
- You know how to effectively partner with engineering and design teams, as well as other cross-functional teams
- User empathy and customer orientation are at the core of how you think about designing and building products
- You are extremely data oriented, deeply analytical, and know how to use SQL to pull data and/or use reporting tools
- You have demonstrated ability of driving cross-functional teams towards goals
- You thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment, that requires both high levels of autonomy and stakeholder management
- You accomplish your work through product management best practices, combined with incredible hustle
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We’re looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don’t 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We’re serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We’re a distributed team working from around the world – San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Sydney, and many more.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.